• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue U.S., April 17, 2008

I am suffering in the final S class test- Suzuka tuned 750. I have tried running it in the tuned GT, the tuned Z06, the tuned lotus, the GTR, I even tried it with my quick tuned F40 from the F40 challenge (I got that one easily)

I can't get in a position above 12th. This is really frustrating considering I went Gold all the way up until now. I saw NetViper's post about using a wheel, but i have never been as good with a wheel as I am with the sixaxis. Just can't seem to get the cars to accelerate fast enough, or hold grip through the esses

P

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=189

I got everything there. Best I can do around suzuka is 1:59. I did that in 4 cars, but I can't get any lower. I have won the race several times. The fist lap is the most important.

Actually I googled it and was able to find all kinds of tunes for multiple cars. Found a nice tune for the F40 and didnt have any trouble winning after that. I will post the tunes on here when I get back home.

Actually I googled it and was able to find all kinds of tunes for multiple cars. Found a nice tune for the F40 and didnt have any trouble winning after that. I will post the tunes on here when I get back home.

It is amazing what a tune will do.

I am suffering in the final S class test- Suzuka tuned 750. I have tried running it in the tuned GT, the tuned Z06, the tuned lotus, the GTR, I even tried it with my quick tuned F40 from the F40 challenge (I got that one easily)

I can't get in a position above 12th. This is really frustrating considering I went Gold all the way up until now. I saw NetViper's post about using a wheel, but i have never been as good with a wheel as I am with the sixaxis. Just can't seem to get the cars to accelerate fast enough, or hold grip through the esses

P

Just get the Grant Turismo Tuned Z06, lower the HP a bit (to get into spec) , that is a beautifully balanced car .. believe i tried the S2k, all 3 ferraris, Tuned Elises, etc ... even the ford GT race car .. but that Z06 is a great car, i came in Second (there was no way in hell to kill the 8 seconds of the ford GT in front of me .. still i managed to finish the game ... I am just pissed i wasted so much $$$ in other expensive cars ... just be aggressive, pass the first 7 cars ASAP and the others will come quick in your view .. remember, you need only 3rd place (i got it on my 2nd try on the Z06) good luck!..

Oscar

Last edited:
so when is this damn game coming out!

Anyone have the Logitech GT? Is it worth the money? I already have a wheel, but it is a PC wheel and works OK. I like being able to change the settings on the fly with the GT. It doesn't look like it has very good paddles on the back of the wheel though.

S6 - Suzuka - F40 Mission Race

This tune is certainly not perfect. Be VERY careful with the throttle cause this car will spin in a heartbeat if too much throttle is applied with the rear sliding. Pick up the throttle as early as possible in the corners to prevent spinning.

I found it easier to use auto transmission with this race because I was so busy cutting through traffic that I kept hitting the rev limiter. The rev limit is barely above the redline so you only have a fraction of a second to shift after the shift light blinks.

Auto Transmission
Power: -18%
Weight: 85%
Tires: S3 (Event Specified)
Aero: Rear 5 (fixed)
Height: -8 -8
Springs: 3 4
Dampers: 3 3
Toe: +0.10 +0.50
Camber: 1.8 0.9
Brakes: 5 2
Max Turn: 50 (try using less if the steering is too sensitive)
ABS: off (a setting of 1 can be used for a slight increase in braking distance, but a significant increase in stability)
TCS: off (or you can try 1 but it will kill your accelleration off the corners)

Gears:
1: 2.346
2: 1.765
3: 1.349
4: 1.068
5: 0.846
F: 3.260

I just read a rumor of GT5 coming out for Christmas.... I hope it is true.

If you read the same rumor I read, that would be Christmas 2009.

BTW, I have the Driving Force GT...had the Driving Force Pro and gave it to my dad once I got the new wheel. There are definite differences between the two in the way the wheels feel. Force GT has advantages (quieter, the quick tune wheel is convenient, more buttons to map controls to). The sequential shifter, shifting buttons (they aren't flappy paddles, but I have never had any issues using them), and pedals are exactly the same. There are some differences in the force feedback...found I needed to up the feedback strength a hair to get a similar feel. Both wheels are great.

Last edited:
Just came across this nice tune for the GT LMII Spec

Ford GT LM Spec II Test
Suzuka PP725
Power -33
Weight 90
Tires R1 / R1
Aero 17 / 27
Ride Height -9 / -15
Spring 8 / 7
Damper 8 / 7
Toe -0.09 / +0.22
Camber 1.6 / 2.0
Brakes 7 / 8
Torque Split na
Steering Angle 30
Traction OFF
ABS 1
1st 2.288
2nd 1.632
3rd 1.218
4th 0.932
5th 0.789
6th 0.686
Final Gear: 5.000

If you read the same rumor I read, that would be Christmas 2009.

You are right... damn 2009! WTF is taking so long. That is completely rediculous. There is no freaking reason for the game to be that delayed. The Prologue is pretty damn good. If they would add being able to race with your freinds, at least that would keep me happy for a while.

I am sure Forza3 will be out long before xmas 2009 -- and then I will forget all about GT5.

Maybe even Test Drive Unlimited 2.. which IMO is the best driving game ever.

You are right... damn 2009! WTF is taking so long. That is completely rediculous. There is no freaking reason for the game to be that delayed. The Prologue is pretty damn good. If they would add being able to race with your freinds, at least that would keep me happy for a while.

I am sure Forza3 will be out long before xmas 2009 -- and then I will forget all about GT5.

Maybe even Test Drive Unlimited 2.. which IMO is the best driving game ever.

Test Drive Unlimited 1 is awesome I have that on my PC... its a lot of fun to take out the Konigsegg and see how fast you can get it.. Was able to get it up to 265mph! Even the McLaren F1 can't do that :)

Is TDU2 going to be on the ps3!? :p

OK, I know I'm late to this game chat, but...

Got a PS3 for Christmas, and GT5P was the game included. The system is hooked up to a Hi-Def 96" screen with 7.1 surround. Incredible experience!!! The graphics are so good, it's like being IN a movie.

Aside from the tire-screech sounds, the audio track is great, too. If you're driving a front-engine car, the engine roar is in front of you. If driving a mid- or rear-engined car, the noise comes from behind!

THIS GAME ROCKS!!! The full version, whenever it arrives, will be mind-blowing.

Bryan

OK, I know I'm late to this game chat, but...

Got a PS3 for Christmas, and GT5P was the game included. The system is hooked up to a Hi-Def 96" screen with 7.1 surround. Incredible experience!!! The graphics are so good, it's like being IN a movie.

Aside from the tire-screech sounds, the audio track is great, too. If you're driving a front-engine car, the engine roar is in front of you. If driving a mid- or rear-engined car, the noise comes from behind!

THIS GAME ROCKS!!! The full version, whenever it arrives, will be mind-blowing.

Bryan

You will love the game for a while until you do online racing... where the game falls flat. Where you can't chat with anyone, you can't race your friends, the races are like bumper cars and the game decides when it wants to give you penalties on its own.

Yeah yeah.. its just a demo... a demo that has been out well over a year and the real game still has no official release date... maybe 2010!

Then you will find there are no other good racing games for the PS3. :(

I am waiting for Forza 3.

I came across a friend online the other night. He called me up and said he was going to play online @ Suzuka so I logged on and we both "entered" the race at the same time. We managed to stay in the same group for several races.

It isn't what I am hoping for, but it was cool to race someone I knew. We used bluetooth headsets and our cell phones to talk trash.

P

I came across a friend online the other night. He called me up and said he was going to play online @ Suzuka so I logged on and we both "entered" the race at the same time. We managed to stay in the same group for several races.

It isn't what I am hoping for, but it was cool to race someone I knew. We used bluetooth headsets and our cell phones to talk trash.

P

Haha not a bad idea! I hope that in the final release that there will be a "lobby" so you can invite friends etc and talk smack with wireless headsets..

P

Yeah, I have done that a few times. While you do get to play with your friends, the actual racing is still more like bumper cars than a simulator.

Yeah, I have done that a few times. While you do get to play with your friends, the actual racing is still more like bumper cars than a simulator.

Online racing can be fun, but only in the expert class since there is rarely any advantage for bumping into your opponent. I only play in expert/pro class and its pretty fun. I especially like the Daytona Road Course, even though I never driven it in real life, it reminds me of Fontana Road course which I've raced in Honda Challenge in real life.

If anyone does race online, my username is kenjimdotcom.

Back