• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue U.S., April 17, 2008

I haven't tuned anything. How do you do that?

Using quicktune right before u start a race - The S class has limitations on how many 'performance points' you can use....

You can reduce weight, lower it, increase HP, change camber/toe, and gear ratios... To compete in most S classes, you must change the final drive gears to enable a better acceleration at top speed...

I have mine totally maxed out and I cant even pass the person in front of me... staying in 16th place the whole time (In any S class event) :confused:

It is pretty fun, but the collisions are still silly and sometimes the fastest way around a track is to crash into a wall and rise it around a corner.

I was seriously hoping this would be the update that adds damage modeling and private races. Oh well.

I'm just happy for the new cars. Gives me reason to play Prologue again (I used all of my money for the F2007 and, since the Spec III update, have only been able to afford the Lotus Evora).

I haven't tuned anything. How do you do that?

Seriously?

Big problem with these Spec updates is that they have had a tendency to clear out your saved tuning settings for each car. I had certain cars dialed in for the various performance points based online events...all I had to do was pick a car and select my saved settings and I'd be good to go. Considering Polyphony Digital has been tweaking the physics with each update, it isn't horrible to have to retune my favorite cars, but it would have been nice to at least have a starting point other than default.

Last edited:
I was seriously hoping this would be the update that adds damage modeling and private races. Oh well.

I'm just happy for the new cars. Gives me reason to play Prologue again (I used all of my money for the F2007 and, since the Spec III update, have only been able to afford the Lotus Evora).

Seriously?

Big problem with these Spec updates is that they have had a tendency to clear out your saved tuning settings for each car. I had certain cars dialed in for the various performance points based online events...all I had to do was pick a car and select my saved settings and I'd be good to go. Considering Polyphony Digital has been tweaking the physics with each update, it isn't horrible to have to retune my favorite cars, but it would have been nice to at least have a starting point other than default.

I had not completed all the races yet. I just did, so now I see the tune. Cool. The game is pretty good. Once they have realistic crashes it will be a lot better.

I wish we all could race. :frown:

Played a couple times this past week. Can't get past one of the S class license tests - Tuned 700 test, IIRC.

I'm using the Amuse Turbo S2k. I've finished as high as 4th but leading the race is a looooooooooong way off. If it were a 10 lap race, it'd be no problem.

How did everyone else get through this particular license test?

Since i got on this thread this week i finally decided to play online, thankfully I was like 3 races to finish the whole game prior my online experience so i didn't spoil the fun of playing by myself getting cars etc etc ...

oscar_driver is my name in the game .. if someone sees me someday .. normally i drive a black ferrari california on the low levels and the Amuse S2k on the highest ... it's fun .. the only problem are the kids that cheat cutting curves or an a***hole that last night slammed on his brakes when i was passing him ... right B4 the end of the race (I came in second by .2 of a second) .. a bit frustrating .. i did like 25 races and won like 7 so far ... normally i came in 2nd or 3rd and I love it!

OScar

Played a couple times this past week. Can't get past one of the S class license tests - Tuned 700 test, IIRC.

I'm using the Amuse Turbo S2k. I've finished as high as 4th but leading the race is a looooooooooong way off. If it were a 10 lap race, it'd be no problem.

How did everyone else get through this particular license test?

I think the problem is the S2000. That car is junk.

Not the Amuse s2k tuned one that f0cker is quick!

I used it on the P.P750 race and got my ass handed to me. It was slower than the stock Ford GT tuned. I am pissed I wasted $250K on it. But I can sell it for $65,000.

I used it on the P.P750 race and got my ass handed to me. It was slower than the stock Ford GT tuned. I am pissed I wasted $250K on it. But I can sell it for $65,000.

Yea thats another thing that bugs me the resale value is ridiculous...

And yea you have to be a great driver to win w/ the tuned s2k :)

So I beat the second 750 using a Ford GT that I quick tuned. I was faster in that than both the S2000 and Tuned Z06.

Now for the last race of 750. I am getting killed. 12th is my best so far.

My best lap times are:
S2000 - 2:07
Ford GT - 2:07
Tuned Z06 - 2:05

I did 5 quality laps in the Z06 all around 2:06 and I was 30 seconds behind the leader! :eek:

I need to hold more speed in the corners. It is killing me.

When is the full game coming out anyway?

Update:

I hooked up my old PC wheels to the PS3 and set some faster laps. I am now a fan of the S2000 Turbo at 750. I set a 2:02.2, but I still can't beat 9th place. This race is hard. I am now holding about 17 seconds behind the leader.

Update:

I hooked up my old PC wheels to the PS3 and set some faster laps. I am now a fan of the S2000 Turbo at 750. I set a 2:02.2, but I still can't beat 9th place. This race is hard. I am now holding about 17 seconds behind the leader.

Excellent call, i am also seriously thinking about getting an steering wheel also .. sometimes i came so close to some good drivers but i know that with the controller somehow it's harder to take some curves ....
OScar

Excellent call, i am also seriously thinking about getting an steering wheel also .. sometimes i came so close to some good drivers but i know that with the controller somehow it's harder to take some curves ....
OScar

It makes a big difference in the curves, but it is A LOT of work. I get pretty worn out after an hour of driving hard.

It makes a big difference in the curves, but it is A LOT of work. I get pretty worn out after an hour of driving hard.

I always thought that the steering wheel was the "ULTIMATE" gamer / dork accessory .. but yeah i can see myself @ best buy getting one this weekend .. specially since the full GT5 version will come -some day- ... oh boy i hope i don't end up buying gloves helmet and racing seat for gaming next hahah

Oscar

Update:

I was wondering how that would work and if times would get better. Asked a buddy yesterday (giant gamer geek) and he recommended this:

http://www.hyperstimulator.com/personal/personal.html

I'd been to that site a long time ago and remembered how awesome a simulator it was. Another buddy, many moons ago, had one.

clubman_individual.jpg

Dope.

Thanks to some car settings from my good pal Hudson, I got 2nd place in the Last race. Now I just have the F40 race to go.

On Friday 11/28's online event update, all expert events will have no boost for slower cars.

For some this might seem like a small thing, but I for one am excited!

Guess you hadn't noticed the rubber-band effect during online play. In previous Gran Turismo games when playing multiplayer, you had the option to disable this. For whatever reason, GT5: Prologue has forced it to be on 100% of the time until now.

What happens is that the lead car gets slightly de-tuned while cars falling back (by more than two seconds according to a recent interview with Yamauichi) gain a performance and handling boost. Racing video games have long done things like this to ensure races are more competitive (i.e. more fun for those who suck). IMHO, has no place in any game billing itself as a sim. I don't mind if it is an option for those who want it, but I will always choose to disable it.

I've found the rubber band effect in Prologue to be particularly annoying because I'm actually quite sensitive to the feel of a car...and the gains you get when falling back can color your expectations of how the car will perform once you retake the lead. I've had numerous races where I fell back, did an awesome job catching up, only to lose control on a turn because my car now exceeded its reduced limits.

Last edited:
Back