• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gran Turismo 6 - December 6, 2013 on PS3

I cant watch these vids at work, but I so cannot wait for this game!!

Never owned a game like this, but my son is a car fanatic and will absolutely love this for his birthday. I preordered from Gamestop yesterday as if you order from them, you get a bunch of extra cars. Looking for a cheap game chair now.

So will we be able to play PS3 games on the PS4?

Not exactly. You cannot play any of your PS3 discs on a PS4. There is talk about being able to play games you already own via the cloud and having the video/audio streamed from the internet, and that there will almost certainly be some sort of fee involved to do so, but it won't be available at launch and it's really unclear what will be supported, what wont, when, how much it will cost, etc.

Preordered this yesterday and it should be waiting for me when I get back from deployment. Can't wait.

Here are the extra cars you get if you preorder from Gamestop

Anniversary Upgrade!
Pre-order Gran Turismo 6 to receive the GameStop Exclusive 15th Anniversary Upgrade!

GameStop Exclusive - 15th Anniversary Edition Upgrade

How would you like to start your Gran Turismo 6 experience this Holiday with 25 unique vehicles? To properly celebrate the 15-year legacy of Gran Turismo, the GameStop Exclusive "15th Anniversary Edition Upgrade" includes the complete collection of 25 unique vehicles as well as a set of custom paint chips, custom race suits, custom helmets and PSN Avatars. Each of the combined vehicles will have their own unique enhancements and will display a special "Anniversary Edition" livery.

Alpine A110 1600S 15th Anniversary Edition
Audi R18 TDI 15th Anniversary Edition
Audi R8 LMS ultra 15th Anniversary Edition
Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car 15th Anniversary Edition
BMW Z8 15th Anniversary Edition
Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) 15th Anniversary Edition
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) 15th Anniversary Edition
Cizeta V16T 15th Anniversary Edition
Ford Focus ST 15th Anniversary Edition
Ford GT40 Mark I 15th Anniversary Edition
Ford Shelby GT500 15th Anniversary Edition
Honda HSV-010 GT 15th Anniversary Edition
KTM X-BOW R 15th Anniversary Edition
Lancia STRATOS 15th Anniversary Edition
Lexus IS F Racing Concept 15th Anniversary Edition
Lotus Europa S.2 15th Anniversary Edition
Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 15th Anniversary Edition
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 15th Anniversary Edition
Pagani Huayra 15th Anniversary Edition
Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6 15th Anniversary Edition
Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 15th Anniversary Edition
SRT Viper GTS 15th Anniversary Edition
Tesla Model S Signature Performance 15th Anniversary Edition
Toyota 86 GT 15th Anniversary Edition
Scirocco GT24 15th Anniversary Edition

I guess before you order you also have to decide if you're going to upgrade to PS4 or not right? Otherwise if you buy the PS3 version you wont be able to use it on your new PS4 and then will have to buy the game again?

I guess before you order you also have to decide if you're going to upgrade to PS4 or not right? Otherwise if you buy the PS3 version you wont be able to use it on your new PS4 and then will have to buy the game again?

No, there will be no PS4 version of GT6.
GT7 will be PS4 but that won't be out for 18+ months.

If you want nextgen console racing this year, you'll have to go with XBOX One and Forza.

Last edited:
If you look at the official list of cars in the game the new NSX isn't listed but as you can clearly see its shown in the trailer. Maybe it won't be available as a playable car until after the production car is released or something strange like that.

Either way I'm kind of dissappointed. I sold my PS3 and my 360 thinking we wouldn't be getting anymore GT or Forza until next gen. Then they announce GT6 for PS3 and forza for Xbox One.... I don't want to buy a PS3 again so I may miss the chance to try this version out... bummer. :( On the bright side I'll be playing Forza 5 in a couple of weeks :).

Last edited:
No, there will be no PS4 version of GT6.
GT7 will be PS4 but that won't be out for 18+ months.

If you want nextgen console racing this year, you'll have to go with XBOX One and Forza.

wow...thanks for the info......so if someone wants to upgrade to PS4 they better hold onto their PS3 if they wanna play GT6......seems crazy..........

- - - Updated - - -

If you look at the official list of cars in the game the new NSX isn't listed but as you can clearly see its shown in the trailer. Maybe it won't be available as a playable car until after the production car is released or something strange like that.

Either way I'm kind of dissappointed. I sold my PS3 and my 360 thinking we wouldn't be getting anymore GT or Forza until next gen. Then they announce GT6 for PS3 and forza for Xbox One.... I don't want to buy a PS3 again so I may miss the chance to try this version out... bummer. :( On the bright side I'll be playing Forza 5 in a couple of weeks :).

oh...just saw this post......yeah....thats exactly what I'm talking about..............

About to have my first experience with a console racing game with a wheel controller. Picked up a playseat and an old Logitech Momo controller REAAALLLLY cheaply, have to go hide it in the basement until XMAS as it's for my son, but I wouldn't want to give him something that doesn't work, so needed to find a way to *cough* um.....test it..... yeah...... Only downloadable racing demo I could find is Grid 2 unfortunately, no GT5 or GT6 demos.

DAMMIT!!! Doesn't appear the demo works with a wheel. Or at least I can't figure out how to get the PS3 to recognize it.

Last edited:

You may have missed this detail on the "official list" (which, as of today, lists *only* 1,196):
* This list is one part of the cars planned for inclusion, and is subject to change
There are now a total of over 1200 cars in the game.

I am upset that not all cars got the full "premium" treatment (and even more upset that they no longer make the distinction)...and I will definitely be pissed if car models like the NSX retain a mix of quality given that existing premium models could easily have represented all offered variations with minimal changes. And while this list shows 123 cars new to the series (it used to list 124...the Nissan Delta Wing mysteriously disappeared from the list after it got posted), I would like to believe there are at least 200 new cars shipping with the game.

Last edited:
I am pretty bent that GT6 will not be out for PS4. Craziness IMO. I bought Rivals this weekend. It's descent but I want to drive an NSX...

This is a REALLY cool feature (and it confirms that Streets of Willow joins the big track as playable in GT6). Footage on the left is from an actual lap in an FRS on the Streets of Willow. The clip in the right is the exact data recorded from the FRS played back as a replay in GT6. Too bad it isn't a feature we all can take advantage of.

I'm also eager to check out how well another planned-to-be-released-in-a-future-update feature will work...there are a few drives I'd like to turn into circuits.

Anyone know what wheel and tire customization is like in GT7 (i.e. ability to upsize wheels)?

Considering that they haven't started working on GT7...

- - - Updated - - -

Randy, if you meant GT6...does this image tell you anything?

i1U80XV4kfSmO.jpg

Last edited:
I've owned a PS3 for a zillion years and never used it to play games for more than a few hours total over that period. I've never owned a racing game. With a playseat and steering controller, I can tell that it's going to be addicting at least for a little while. I can see how it will probably get old rather quickly when you get to the point where you can afford anything you like. So far my max modded R8 has been crushing everything, but I'm only level 19 A-Spec (and just started playing B-Spec but I don't really see the point in it other than to gather money while you're doing something else). I love the sound of that Zonda R. It's crazy, it sounds more like a spaceship than a car. My 8yo and I have been playing with the standard controllers (the seat is for his birthday, he doesn't know about it) and we started out by handicapping me... Letting him pick a car for me to go up against the Zonda (he stuck me with a shifter cart!!!) but if I can't put pressure on him, he takes his time and doesn't make mistakes. It's a blast so far. I have both a G27 on a playseat and an old school Logitech Momo setup, looking forward GT6 and his birthday in January :)

Last edited:
Back