• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Great Deal on Mobil One- & question on Mobil 1 Oil Filter?

I was just in the local Kragen Auto parts, and for those that have these stores there is a deal for 5 quarts of Mobil 1 & one Mobil One Oil filter for only $20 ( after $15 rebate)

I dont mind doing the rebates at all, takes a few minutes, and you get the check in a few weeks. Basically $4 a quart with a free filter...

Now my question is- there any problem using a Mobil 1 oil filter? I've used the long OEM HOnda ones for over 4 years...search option was all about oil only.
I dont wanna past this deal up or let the filter go to waste.

I stick with the OEM filters. Some people use aftermarket filters with out any issues. just because the aftermarket filters calm to be better dose not make them better. More important is how often you change the oil then what type of filter you use.:smile:

My local auto parts store usually runs the same deal I often talk them into giving me an extra quart of oil instead of the filter, since the filter cost more then the Oil:smile: You can never have enough synthetic oil laying around the shop:smile:

Its a mail in rebate, and I've even got one back that said I voided some portions of it, so I stay with whats required.

I hear you on never having enough oil I will prob. even go as far as getting my GF to buy another 5 qts. use the filter on another car, and ship rebate to another address. 10 QTS for $40. Cant beat that deal..:biggrin:

1st off theres not much chance of getting synthetic for $4 bucks a quart anywhere nowadays. Knowing $15 bucks is coming back in the mail is a pretty good feeling. I say do it.:wink:

I was just in the local Kragen Auto parts, and for those that have these stores there is a deal for 5 quarts of Mobil 1 & one Mobil One Oil filter for only $20 ( after $15 rebate)

I dont mind doing the rebates at all, takes a few minutes, and you get the check in a few weeks. Basically $4 a quart with a free filter...

Now my question is- there any problem using a Mobil 1 oil filter? I've used the long OEM HOnda ones for over 4 years...search option was all about oil only.
I dont wanna past this deal up or let the filter go to waste.

they dont make a m1 filter for our car.

Walmart often has a sale on there 5 Quart jug you can sometimes get it for less then $4 a Quart I think the cheapest i found it was $13.95 for a 5 quart jug @ $2.79 a quart for synthetic that was a sweet deal:smile:

never found on at my local pepboys or autozone or kregens.

mobil part numbers are. they dont even list it in their application guide.

m-1 m-2 m-3 etc

MO 4484 sounds a little large.

never found on at my local pepboys or autozone or kregens.

mobil part numbers are. they dont even list it in their application guide.

m-1 m-2 m-3 etc

MO 4484 sounds a little large.

* It might have been M0 4484, I'll see if I can find a picture of it. The guys at First Class Automotive in Orlando put it on my car, maybe you can contact them. (they hang out here sometimes- great guys)

* It might have been M0 4484, I'll see if I can find a picture of it. The guys at First Class Automotive in Orlando put it on my car, maybe you can contact them. (they hang out here sometimes- great guys)

sure it was a mobil 1? :biggrin:

well now that I kinda see that no one is really sure if the Mobil 1 Filter really works including Ron98- I'll still get the deal at $4 a quart, and use the filter for another car...cant go wrong on this one..

Here is a photo of the Mobil oil filter that I removed last Oct.
Is Mobil different that Mobil1 or same company ?

Attachments

• Mobil1 Oil Filter.gif
    Mobil1 Oil Filter.gif
    68.2 KB · Views: 127
I'm not saying that I reccommend the Mobil filter , just that it was installed on my car and a possible replacement. When I changed the oil and filter, I went with the OEM filter .

Isn't the issue for an oil filter, the area of filtration, pressure release in case it gets clogged and the need for an O-ring seal instead of a flat gasket? All these things are correctly engineered in the OEM, short or long versions. I read in another thread where a Fram filter blew the seal and oil got everywhere once the driver stompped on the gas after a few miles after installation. I beleive fram is the flat gasket type of seal instead of O-ring like the Mobile filters pictured above.

When I got my car, with only 6,100 miles it had a Wix filter, looked identical to OEM, O-ring and all. It was changed after the first dealer replacement sometime after 3,000 miles. Needless to say I replaced it with the OEM short unit and it is fine. BTW I heard that the short filter actually has the same filter area as the long filter, just in a smaller package. The Wix filter worked fine, but who knows if other aspects are the same? No reason to jeopordize such an expensive engine with the unknown. I had poblrms with filters in my MR2 Turbo if they didn't have an O-ring seal. I finally only used OEM for that car as well.

My $.02.

Tytus

I decided to let everyone know this great deal as I bought it today and have gotten alot of help here over the years.

5 Quarts of Mobil 1 & a Mobil 1 filter ( using for another car) for a total of ......$22.50!!! :biggrin: I paid $37 ( you need a coupon avail in store) at the cashier and it took me 1 minute to fill out the forms and sent my $15 rebate in..

This is good at all Checker, Shucks, Kragen and Murrays.
It expires on 2/24/08...thanks

Back