• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Great Event for a good cause.

Great Event for a good cause. Maine in July!!!

I attended this event last year. It was a great event, a diverse group of cars and a great setting.

Thought some of you would like to know about it.

Mackworth Island is near Portland. You can get more info about the event and a registration form at the "EVENTS page at: www.nsxuppereast.com

Also, bring a beach blanket, the school has a private beach at the site which can be used the day of the event.

Attachments

• MackworthDER.jpg
    MackworthDER.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Hi Brian,

Any sports car can register and show. Last year we had 2 NSXs. I have added their invitation to the EVENTS page at www.nsxuppereast.com look for the link for the Mackworth Island event to read the write up.

They have some great cars: A couple of Ferraris and Lambos, a Citreon SM, A few BMWs, Some Datsun 2000s, Diamler SP, some old Merc SLs, a bunch of British cars and of course a gaggle of P-cars; some very interesting cars.

The Down East Region Porsche guys are a great bunch.

They are trying to get some other car clubs involved. We stayed over in Portland Saturday night had dinner and drinks, got up early drove to the show had a great time and at the end of the day drove back to NH.

rae said:
Hey Rich,

Is this just for Porsche's to show or are you going to show or just go to view?

Let me know.

:smile:

RichH said:
Hi Brian,

Any sports car can register and show. Last year we had 2 NSXs. I have added their invitation to the EVENTS page at www.nsxuppereast.com look for the link for the Mackworth Island event to read the write up.

They have some great cars: A couple of Ferraris and Lambos, a Citreon SM, A few BMWs, Some Datsun 2000s, Diamler SP, some old Merc SLs, a bunch of British cars and of course a gaggle of P-cars; some very interesting cars.

The Down East Region Porsche guys are a great bunch.

They are trying to get some other car clubs involved. We stayed over in Portland Saturday night had dinner and drinks, got up early drove to the show had a great time and at the end of the day drove back to NH.

Well Rich, just for info sake, is the GT going to be shown there for the 1st time? Inquiring minds want to know!!! :wink:

I added two more links for this event, the DER PCA photos of last year's event and more details for the 05 event.

If you plan to attend and spend the night in the Portland area. I recomend you book your room soon. Portland is a very popular destination in July.

Mackworth Island Near Portland, ME July 31

I thought to resurrect this post for the guys who ask me about this event in Maine.

The date is July 31, and as I stated earlier if you plan to attend and stay overnight book your room and Register ASAP.

Last edited:
Mackworth Island Event - Portland, ME July 31 (Sunday)

Last call for this one:

(John and Audrey Caswell) - (Amanda and I) are heading up to Portland next Saturday night to attend this event on Sunday.

The long term weather forcast looks great for next weekend! Just like this weekend?

It is a nice daytrip up to Portland to check out some great cars. If at the last minute you decide to take the drive, you can register at the gate.

PM by Friday night and I can e-mail you directions to the event site on Mackworth Island..

EVENT INFO HERE!

Last edited:
I hope the weather is the same as this past weekend. This should be a great event. I guess I better get waxing.

Hey John,

It's official, the weather in Portland will be great this weekend. Bring a jacket for the evenings. I'll call you tonight (Friday) to discuss a meeting time. See you Saturday.

Brian,

I don't think you have to pre-register. The form made mention of pre-registering to get things moving faster the day of the show.

Are you staying overnight in Portland? If so, we can all meet up in Dover tomorrow morning. Rich had mentioned meeting around 10:00 at our house.

John

John,

Why don't we meet at the the Liquor store at the rotory. 10:00 is still ok.
Rich

Brian,
If you decide to come up and spend the night John has the info about the hotel we are using. If you decide to make the drive Sunday cool also.

Back to the yard work for me!

Hope you decide to come up!

Rich

Brian,

The show is on Sunday. We are meeting up in Portsmouth at the traffic circle around 9:45 Saturday. We are going to be hanging out in Portland for the day and night then going to the show Sunday morning.

I'll give you a call to follow up.

John

Back