• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Great performance of NSX-R in 24 hours

Now it's nearly over at the Nuerburgring and the NSX-R seems to have overcome some initial trouble that threw it down to places 50-100. At the moment the car is 12th overall and 1st in class which is extraordinary in this field of over 200 cars (now a lot less after a lot of weather hazzle with freezing temperatures, heavy rain, ice corns and even some snowflakes)!

Update: Race over - place held!

BTW: We have the first U.S. winner in the history of the 24 hours of Nuerburgring: Boris Said was one of the 4 drivers of the winning BMW M 3 GTR!
2nd is the the No. 1 BMW M 3 GTR with H.J. Stuck.

Last edited:
Some pics from the official website:

Attachments

• 2005-24h-NBR-B-0988.jpg
    2005-24h-NBR-B-0988.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 633
  • 2005-24h-NBR-B-1107.jpg
    2005-24h-NBR-B-1107.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 641
  • 2005-24h-NBR-T-1088.jpg
    2005-24h-NBR-T-1088.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 625
  • 2005-24h-NBR-T-1142.jpg
    2005-24h-NBR-T-1142.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 614
  • 2005-24h-NBR-T-1519.jpg
    2005-24h-NBR-T-1519.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 518
Great news indeed, something to cheer about. Excuse my ignorance re the classifications, but was this primarily a stock Type R, and it ran without any front splitter/diffuser, bigger wing ..... what about brakes, were they OEM? I can see the wheels/tires were probably not OEM .... and I guess overheating was not an issue in this race ... LOL!

Modifications included Procar Specials rear wing (the same as I have :wink: ), R hood, a rollcage, Mov'it brakes (a bit bigger than mine), a stronger LuK clutch, a race suspension (Bilstein shocks, H&R springs) and some small aerodynamic mods - details see in this thread - list is not complete but engine was fairly stock (blueprinted of NSX-R of course, officially rated as 320 PS) AFAIK.

A6 is a very stock oriented class - it is the FIA group A/AD and the "6" means between 3000 and 3500 ccm displacement.

Excited with the result and thus inquiring minds want more detaiils ...... :biggrin:

So this was not a stock Type R but a NA2 mod conversion to Type R? And were the Bilsteins the HD that we have in here in the US or revalved or custom ordered? The stock HD is no match to the H&R springs.

It was the same stock NSX-R (RHD as you may see) from Japan as it was also running last here on the ring (but with some different mods). Neither the Bilsteins nor the H&R springs are something we could buy from stock at the shop - both custom made and tuned for this car.

Thats an awesome result! And the NSX and Boris Said. Looking forward to picking up a 1/43 model of the class winning NSX. :biggrin:

Ponyboy said:
Thats an awesome result!
Yes and it may something say to the people that still think that the NSX is not competitive at the track. Do you know which brand you don't find in the starter lists of this and previous 24 hours races or in the other long distance races at the Nuerburgring?

Little hint: Brand starts with an "F" :wink:

Nice. I wish Honda would release NSX-R to the states. I'm sure they will sell a number of them.

No need for the whole car,just order the nsx-r suspension :wink:

Sorry, I've stolen the pics as is from the 24h-website, :wink: maybe you find other bigger ones on the net in the next days with the picture search of yahoo or google (just type .de instead of .com).

Nice! I'd love to have 24 hours behind the wheel of that car on that track! Great job Honda! And to think that people say this car is outdated and isn't competitive! Idiots! All of them! :smile:

NSX-Racer said:
Yes, just click on the link I provided in post No. 4 of this thread - you're not the first one with this question. :wink:

So primarily: Audi A3s, various BMW M3s, a Mercedes, a Subaru, a Mitsubichi Evo and an Audi 200 Quatro

OLDE GUY said:
So primarily: Audi A3s, various BMW M3s, a Mercedes, a Subaru, a Mitsubichi Evo and an Audi 200 Quatro
Right, plus a Porsche Boxster. I provide two new links as the old one doesn't seem to work any more: class result A6 and complete result . Watch the bunch of strong cars from other classes that were also beaten by the NSX-R!

BTW: According to the 24 hours rules my car would have been too light with about 1,230 kg with full tank for the displacement of 3,200 ccm! It would had to have 1,250 without fuel and driver.

Back from the race with a lot of impressions.

12th overall position at the finish is a real amazing result, last 2 years the car dont finished and was involved into accidents.

In practice, the NSX-R was over 15km/h faster at straights than last year, a result of better aerodynamic. (rear spoiler)

Rain, very cold, that was the weather situation.
Yokohama delivered 3 specs of race tires, slick, intermedium and rain.
The rain tires dont worked, changing the brand to Michelin was the right step.

In race, the NSX-R came in very early with a damage at the left front side. The wheels werent straight.
4 laps (~ 45 minutes) were lost... we had to change some suspension parts and to do a complete alignment after.
The car runs great again, no problems until the end.

Without that damage, a 7th overall position would been possible.
Now the hopes are going for next year....maybe with
2 NSX-R's.

The NSX-R will get 17' wheels at front now, (BBS 18' are too big) the car can be lowered about 2 inches at front after.
TODA individual throttle bodies, cams and a new Motec free programmable ECU are the next steps.

The next race for the NSX-R is the Nürburgring 6 hour race at 08/27.

Back