• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Great service from NA Motors in Oakland CA.

Great service from NA Motor’s

Just wanted to share my pleasant experience with NA motors in Oakland.

My 1984 Toyota pickup Daily driver was having some issues. I’m a little bit mechanically inclined so I did some trouble shooting, but just cant seem to figure out what is wrong.

The trouble was during cold start my truck will run on 2 or 3 cyl and a cloud of smoke comes out the exhaust pipe. With this symptom I knew that the motor was getting fuel but no spark. So I started checking the ignition, pulled the plugs they were foul, so replaced them, also went ahead and replaced the cap and rotor but still no luck, the truck was still rung bad, checked the ignition wires and they were fine, also went ahead and replaced the Coil.. result…. Nothing… still running bad.

So I decided to take the truck to NA Motor’s,

Long story short they found that the temp sending unit on the ECU was defective and was making the motor run rich and foul the plugs. Who would have known that this 1984 truck had a computer? LOL:biggrin:
Well now my truck is now running like a champ. It has 300,000 :cool: miles and still running strong.

Now for my feedback.

Service: Excellent
Price: Excellent
Facility: Excellent

Overall experience: EXCELLENT

Will definitely be a REPEAT cust.

North America Motor
132 98th Ave.
Oakland, CA 94603
(510) 635-9191
www.namotors.com

Oh by the way they also did a great job changing the oil on my NSX :wink:

When u go there just tell them I sent you.:wink:

Thanks
Romeo

P.S.
Dont forget to check out Romeo's private Helicopter in his shop :eek: :cool: :wink: :biggrin: :tongue:
If he's not too busy he might take out of flying.

Luckily that they had some time and took me out for a spin.

Last edited:
Who would have known that this 1984 truck had a computer? LOL:biggrin:

Did it look something like this?

1984 Xerox Personal Computer with Keyboard / Disk Drive

be31_1.JPG

I'm glad to hear that NA Motor's was able to diagnose and repair your problem. I'll be sure to mention your name when i go there to have service done on my car.

Mike

SAme here NA Motors did shocks and spring on my 300ce AMG. Great service.

Back