• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GROM Firmware Update

I bought a GROM unit back in 2014 and while I had things apart in the car, I decided to check on firmware updates for the GROM. I found my unit was on firmware version #12 and the most current is #23 . So I followed the video update procedure on the website (super easy) and it made a noticeable difference in performance! Speed of connection and controls noticeably improved.

Below is the link for the GROM unit I use, but just check the firmware section if you have something different. They also give a brief explanation of what is included in each update.
http://gromaudio.com/software-ipd3.html

Anyone with a GROM or for that matter a USA-SPEC unit should probably check for firmware updates as well. And if you have it installed in panel behind driver's seat like me, then there is no excuse because access is so easy. If you are plugged in behind the headunit then maybe add this to your list of things to do next time you pull your center console.

Adios

I did a quick look around the USA-Spec website and didn't see any firmware info, so there may not be upgrades for it.

Back