• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy - DDM 55w HID Kits - Dabears2k Performance

What is the PREMIUM UPGRADED Wiring Harness? What does it look like?

I am interested in a set of 55W 6000k kit

The premium wiring harness is designed for cars that have less than adequate wiring and runs power directly from the battery. The premium harness is not needed on the NSX.

If you place your order on Dabears2k.com, it will be shipped out on tuesday (tomorrow is a holiday)

The premium wiring harness is designed for cars that have less than adequate wiring and runs power directly from the battery. The premium harness is not needed on the NSX.

If you place your order on Dabears2k.com, it will be shipped out on tuesday (tomorrow is a holiday)

I have just ordered one with the premium wiring. Thanks cant wait!

I like the slim design of this kit. One of my HID's just went out today. I think I need to buy a set. Is the price $209 including lifetime warranty? On your website, the lifetime warranty is extra $30. Please advise.

I like the slim design of this kit. One of my HID's just went out today. I think I need to buy a set. Is the price $209 including lifetime warranty? On your website, the lifetime warranty is extra $30. Please advise.

NSX Prime members are getting a free lifetime warranty with their order.

Do not select the lifetime warranty when checking out, but PM me on here with your real name and I will add the lifetime warranty for free to our system.

I am new and no longer have an NSX but , had to say something . I watched from afar as Xenonexpert came in and cried foul . I thought , GOOD FOR HIM . Now to MY experience............
I recommended XenonExpert to someone I met in another forum . He bought two sets of HIDs from XE last Sunday . I sent 7 emails letting him know to look for this guy . Never responded to ANY of my emails . Has yet to respond to an email sent by the guy that bought . The guy that bought said he expects the kits on Tuesday . Tuesday ? What the Hell ? I thought XE may have gone out of business . yet , I see him in the forums since sending some emails even BEFORE I recommended him to this guy . I just came to say that customer service from XE sucks ! Not flaming here and no need to get mad . For him to come in here and complain that one guy did not get a response to his emails until after 7 days was the exception to the rule is CRAP ! Hey . Oliver ? Where the Hell are you ? Nice . I get someone to buy from you and you do not have the decency to thank me or even acknowledge my emails ? You still have yet to contact him which makes me look bad . Bottom line folks . Seems to me that Oliver at XE is hit or miss . I am yet another one that he missed . So is the guy I sent to him . This is not a bash . It is nothing more than comments to help folks choose where to buy . I can say that my experience has been nothing less than poor . I have no clue what Dabears2K is selling so I cannot comment . As for XenonExpert , beware . If he cannot communicate before the sale , what will he do after ? How good is a warranty from someone you cannot communicate with ? Make your decisions as wisely as possible . Glad I did not get screwed .

I am new and no longer have an NSX but , had to say something . I watched from afar as Xenonexpert came in and cried foul . I thought , GOOD FOR HIM . Now to MY experience............
I recommended XenonExpert to someone I met in another forum . He bought two sets of HIDs from XE last Sunday . I sent 7 emails letting him know to look for this guy . Never responded to ANY of my emails . Has yet to respond to an email sent by the guy that bought . The guy that bought said he expects the kits on Tuesday . Tuesday ? What the Hell ? I thought XE may have gone out of business . yet , I see him in the forums since sending some emails even BEFORE I recommended him to this guy . I just came to say that customer service from XE sucks ! Not flaming here and no need to get mad . For him to come in here and complain that one guy did not get a response to his emails until after 7 days was the exception to the rule is CRAP ! Hey . Oliver ? Where the Hell are you ? Nice . I get someone to buy from you and you do not have the decency to thank me or even acknowledge my emails ? You still have yet to contact him which makes me look bad . Bottom line folks . Seems to me that Oliver at XE is hit or miss . I am yet another one that he missed . So is the guy I sent to him . This is not a bash . It is nothing more than comments to help folks choose where to buy . I can say that my experience has been nothing less than poor . I have no clue what Dabears2K is selling so I cannot comment . As for XenonExpert , beware . If he cannot communicate before the sale , what will he do after ? How good is a warranty from someone you cannot communicate with ? Make your decisions as wisely as possible . Glad I did not get screwed .

What you have said above is why I am in here providing you guys top notch customer service.

I too was once a customer of Oliver's, but I knew that I could do better in terms of customer service. Here I am...

Dabears2k on 02-13-2008 10:47 said:
Wow, I personally don't like dealing with places that don't return phone calls/emails, which is why I am always on the ball about customer service... 7 days is insane.

MJK on 2-14-2008 said:
Anybody have side by side pics of a 55w HID kit side by side with an OEM HID car (bmw, lexus, s2k) or better yet on the same car 55w vs OEM?

MJK on 2-14-2008 said:
...I am also curious that if my standard Philips kit (35w I assume) requires a relay why I do not see one in your kit...

Dabears2k on Yesterday 21:51 said:
I too was once a customer of Oliver's, but I knew that I could do better in terms of customer service. Here I am...

I just thought I would pop back in and say that I agree that one week or more is WAY too long to wait for an answer to a question, especially when a vendor apparently has so much time to argue on the internet.

Dabears2k on 02-03-2008 23:21 said:
BTW, I read the nick sitko thing a month or so ago when it was linked from another forum. Great stuff

I think I am understanding you better by the day.

I just thought I would pop back in and say that I agree that one week or more is WAY too long to wait for an answer to a question, especially when a vendor apparently has so much time to argue on the internet.

I think I am understanding you better by the day.

I apologize, but I never saw your post. Now, that I see it, I will answer it.

I do not have a side by side picture of the 55w kit vs an OEM hid kit. It is 2x as bright as the 35w kit, so you can imagine, since there are pictures posted on here of the 35w kit vs OEM and also people like NSX-Nate have posted pictures of their 55w kit on their car.

This kit does not require a relay at all. It is designed to be plug and play, as the people on here who have installed them have shown and said.

Once again, I apologize that I did not see your original post. If I had gotten an email or PM, I can assure you that I would have responded as soon as possible.

Fair enough, thanks.

Any idea on what the peak current draw is on startup? Curious if this is a digital vs analog ballast thing or what.

NSX Nate; I'm ready to pull the trigger; do you recommend the 5k, 6k or the 8k? I'm looking for bright lighting, but also a "BMW" hid color...not looking for a blue like my other 6k hid purchase on Prime...

I'd like to buy soon to get them in 93036 by Thursday.

Ok, here it is. I used an Olympus E-1 DSLR with the exact same settings (f-2.8, 1-sec, iso-100) and same white balance for each shot. This method best shows what the difference in light output is without the camera making any adjustments.

With PIA 55w Halogen:
Stock_Light.jpg

With DDM 55w 6000k HID kit:
HID_Light.jpg

My verdict:
I'm VERY happy with the light output, the delivery time was only 4 days, and I still haven't found the same kit for a lower price. If the socket I reversed works loose I'll take the pins out and switch them so it clips together right, but I don't expect it to because it's pretty tight. That's my 2 cents, post up if you have any questions for me.

Nate

Dabears;

Thanks for the fast shipping!

I received the 35w unit, but was expecting the 55w.

First post updated with information.

I did not have a 55w kit on hand when those pictures were taken, but the 55w ballast is the same thickness as the 35w and only 2cm longer.

The lumens are substantiated by the manufacturer and have been tested by them.

Finally, the 35w vs stock lighting is based on my observation of 3 different HID kits on 3 different NSX cars and the comments of their owners. I am not sure why you didn't notice much difference between your 35w kit and your 55w kit, but once again, the testing has confirmed a LARGE difference in lumens as well as many people's comments about the brightness of the 35w kits vs the 55w kits offered by DDM through Dabears2k.com

I welcome all comments and questions about the kit. I have both sold and installed MANY kits that are out there and the DDM kit is by far the best with the best customer support to back it up.

Matt
Dabears2k Performance

Last edited:
I guess this is only for 55w ? Question ......What can you do or are you doing on an Apexcone slim 35w kit with relay delivered ? Curious as to where you are price wise . Thanks

PM responded to

Thanks for the call Matt! I've already packed up the return & will send it out tomorrow. Thanks for responding so quickly, and sending a replacement!:wink:

Last edited:
Damn Matt .
Sounds good . I cannot private message you so how do I get in touch . I want the 35w slim with relay harness and that is awesome . You know who gives lifetime warranty at about that price but , his service kinda blows . Lol . Let me know how to do this and how is it shipped anyway ?

Back