• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy interest in Capristo exhaust!

Capristo Exhaust Group Buy (Gauging interests)

Hello everyone after production ceased for the GT-One 5.0 w/ valve control and 5.1 exhaust systems. I had no other option to upgrade to another exhaust with similar characteristics as the GT-One exhaust (currently running with a Comptech system). I searched around for another vendor that offered similar performance and sound and had no luck. Recently I was contacted by another car enthusiast to check out a Capristo (http://www.capristo.de/) exhaust system at the local gathering at Imagine Auto but could not make it. I was told it was exactly what I was looking for with the sound and I checked them out online for more information. After researching the Capristo Company I felt they were of extremely high standards with products and manufacturing of parts and customer service and would not leave the automotive market as they also cater to Audi, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and many other high end exotics.

Later, I contacted a local Porsche Cayman Driver (Ken S. aka “K-man S” Founder of the Cayman Club) who has the Capristo Exhaust System and had nothing but good things to say about them. He even said that after the first batch of exhaust went out from Capristo there was a small error in design with the heat of the exhaust melting the rubber hangers due to clearance issues and Capristo themselves sent out a new exhaust to everyone that purchased one which resolved the issue at no cost to the buyer including covering shipping there and back for the old exhaust. As for pricing I am not sure what it will cost yet, but in comparison to the Cayman I think it will be similar. His whole exhaust system for the Cayman which he quoted “As an FYI the complete Cayman system, headers, cats, catback exhaust, plumbing, electronics, keyfob, etc. is $5k” Basically its a complete system but I’ll check if its optional and individual units. I personally like the valve control as it makes the vehical a lot quiter around town. (NSX Price is listed below)

I have also contacted the Capristo Rep. for the United States (www.nicksforzaferrari.com) who happens to also Reps. Gruppe-M, Tubi, and many more other high end brands. Nick will be contacting the Capristo manufacture in Germany shortly and will be getting back to me for more information and interests in a possible group buy. We were thinking that there would need to be at least 15 units for Capristo to be even interested. So I’m looking for 15 dedicated interested persons for this group by to even happen.

Also, we will need a NSX owner in Germany that will be willing to Loan there NSX for a test vehicle for Capristo to build and dyno test there exhaust. (I’ll be contacting ProCar to see if they will be willing.)

Ken's aka "K-man S's" car from Kansas City
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KDDMRATffcw&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KDDMRATffcw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Here's another video of a Cayman S WOT
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pf7b9trCZLY&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pf7b9trCZLY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Group Buy Intrest-I need at least 15! (as of June 15th 2008 Capristo has agreed to produce an exhaust as long as we can get 15 intrested people and a NSX in Germany for testing. Estamate Price for the complete exhaust system Cat back and all electronics to be $3000-$3500)

1. RaSiR_X

Last edited:
Re: Group Buy interest in CAPRISTO EXHAUST!

Doh! If i had'nt bought i v5.1 F1 last year i would jump on this immediately! :biggrin:

Ferrari 360CS - Capristo lvl3 exhaust. Can you say F1 sound?:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vkcfuCFv2TA&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vkcfuCFv2TA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Doh! If i had'nt bought i v5.1 F1 last year i would jump on this immediately! :biggrin:

Yeah thats what i'm talking about. Sell it and get this one! :biggrin:

Last edited:

The exhaust sounds great! Probably hard push to get 15 in this group buy.
If I remembered correctly, couple of years back there were intention to get Kreissieg exhaust group buy. That unfortunately didn't materialize. Interesting to see the number of people interested...

I can see where you're going to run into problems.

First, there are 3 different muffler configurations on the NSX. (Diagrams of piping on SoS website). So for those of us wanting just a muffler, you would have to make sure that there are cars in Germany spanning the years. I bet there aren't too many.

Second, '97-'05 NSXs don't gain much from headers so I would bet most requests here would be for muffler only. Your description of the Cayman system made it sound like a complete headers, cats, and muffler. What exactly is the group by for? Whole system or muffler only?

Third, exchange rate will put pricing up there. GWB & the Fed don't believe in a strong dollar.

Fourth, Ti and/or stainless choices? Weight savings?

The Cayman sounds like a tractor at idle!:tongue: HOWEVER, it rocks at full throttle!:biggrin: I still love my flowmaster setup. Gary

Currently i asked for only the muffler system. Ken was just giving me the price of his whole system which i'm basing the price for. probally could subtract the cost of the headers and cats so i'm thinking it would be around $3k

The Cayman sounds like a tractor at idle!:tongue: HOWEVER, it rocks at full throttle!:biggrin: I still love my flowmaster setup. Gary

Gary as for the tractor sound my exhaust sounds like that at idle too. It's hard to capture exhaust sound correctly on a video camera. I have a sound clip here on Prime somewhere to compare it to. I'll have to do a search.

Last edited:

I have a hard time imagining the nsx sound based on other cars; the nsx have its distintive "lazy", low tone that's different than most other v6. Even the 5.1 isn't that high pitch unless it's on the SC cars. The cayman also have a boxer6 engine, and the 360 is, well a 360...

Didn't mean to rain the parade, if you get those guy develop a system, please do let us know!!

Good luck....I would have joined in on this when I was looking for an exhaust. I went from RM DTM exhaust, to Gruppe M Ver 1, to GTLW. This would definitely be another favorite on my list pending how it would come out with looks, quality, weight savings, hp gains and sound.

I don't think any exhaust will make an nsx sound like a 360cs.

It maybe better and cheaper to just go to a good exhaust shop and have them custom make x-pipe design exhaust if you want high pitch sound.

Looks like a nice exhaust, looking forward for the pics and clips of the actual exhaust for NSX.

The U.S. Representative already contacted me saying that Capristo will be able to start on the development for the NSX in September but i need 15 people to make it happen. And they needed an NSX to test it in Germany. Pricing is still under discussion but the U.S. Rep. said he's thinking in the ballpark of $3,0003,500 usd for the system. This is for electronics controllers, wireless keyfob for the controller, valve system, ect.

I don't think any exhaust will make an nsx sound like a 360cs.

It maybe better and cheaper to just go to a good exhaust shop and have them custom make x-pipe design exhaust if you want high pitch sound.

I know it won't sound like a 360 but i just wanted a higher pitch and being able to shut off the "loudness" while driving around town.

Last edited:

if they can produce exhaust sounds like that porsche, it will be so awesome for nsx. it wont be so annoying for DD. low rev wont be that loud, high rev gets very pitch sound. but i doubt if they can do it.

VRoooM 's NSX sounds very close as F1. u can check it out.

The cayman sounds like a leaf blower in the first vid. How can anyone find that attractive?

The 360cs on the other hand sounds amazing.

I think you should tell them to get rid of the valve controllers and just make a regular exhaust. That will save some cost, and reduce maintenance in the future.

I think you should tell them to get rid of the valve controllers and just make a regular exhaust. That will save some cost, and reduce maintenance in the future.
Now that you say it... thats another issue.

Capristo offers e few different systems and that "F1 scream" comes from the level 3 exhaust.

You dont get that screaming sound with the twin sound system, (Which this thread is about?)
With the valve open it just bypasses everything = straight pipes.

Maybe i'll just have them send me a level 3 system to mod. It would make it cheaper i assume.

Back