• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy on Leather Interiors!

92NSX: Well, technically we had 14 orders, and had problems with 2 of them. This is the first time that we have lost an interior, and one of the very few times we have lost an order. These are definitely not problems that we have regularly. I know how it makes our company look being the first group buy that we have hosted on NSXPrime. I do apologize for everything that has gone wrong with DocL and SINCITY_NSX. We are doing everything we can to get both situations resolved.

If you want to do some research on our company and product or any of our previuos group buys, go over to clublexus, Supraforums, 3Si, or any of the other forums that we typically run group buys on. We stand behind our product, and pride ourselves in our customer service. I hope that everyone will give us a second chance at proving ourselves with the next NSX group buy.

My opinion? Stuff happens - it's how a company responds to it that makes the difference. Looks to me like Bill & LeatherSeats.com are standing up & doing the utmost to recover (no pun initially intended, but it's a good one nevertheless!) from the situation for those affected.

D'Ecosse said:
My opinion? Stuff happens - it's how a company responds to it that makes the difference. Looks to me like Bill & LeatherSeats.com are standing up & doing the utmost to recover (no pun initially intended, but it's a good one nevertheless!) from the situation for those affected.

Recover! Lol, Ken you crack me up! :biggrin:

Vega$ NSX said:
Recover! Lol, Ken you crack me up! :biggrin:

Ah I did not get that until now.. Yes a good one :)

Regards

leatherseats.com said:
92NSX: Well, technically we had 14 orders, and had problems with 2 of them. This is the first time that we have lost an interior, and one of the very few times we have lost an order. These are definitely not problems that we have regularly. I know how it makes our company look being the first group buy that we have hosted on NSXPrime. I do apologize for everything that has gone wrong with DocL and SINCITY_NSX. We are doing everything we can to get both situations resolved.

If you want to do some research on our company and product or any of our previuos group buys, go over to clublexus, Supraforums, 3Si, or any of the other forums that we typically run group buys on. We stand behind our product, and pride ourselves in our customer service. I hope that everyone will give us a second chance at proving ourselves with the next NSX group buy.

I understand that accidents do happen. Just as others have noted already, that what happens after problems arise shows just what kind of person/company you truly are. Rather than pointing fingers and pushing blame on something else you handle it yourself. A few others come to mind that have done that in the past. Coming on here and acknowledging as such and making it public and giving updates is the stand-up thing to do.
I have already gotten feedback about you and your product from someone that has gotten thier covers. No worries, they have nothing but praise for the quality of it.
I will be ordering from you next time we have group buy also.

Bill has done everythng possible to make my situation better. Unfortunately, I've had an unexpected expense that took my funds away from being able to re-order at this time. I do plan on resuming my business with Bill as I did not loose anything except for time in waiting for a product to arrive. They never even charged my credit card so there was no fraud or bait and switch.

Even though my first order was fouled up, I don't hold a grudge and I'm going to order with leatherseats.com again. Everyone deserves a second chance at making things right, especially when there was no harm intended. $hit happens and having an order lost is not the end of the world, it's just a little disappointing at most.

-Cheers

One question on the install - When putting the bolster/back section on - there are no pre-cut holes for the retainer clips... Anyone have a good method of putting those holes in? (going through both the leather and plastic of the leather kit). So far I've tried poking a hole but they're not big enough to get the clip through. Next was a drill but none of the bits seem to be doing much.

I would be interested in trading someone for their old seats (or drivers seat if black) before they get stripped for the new leather. If your old seats are in real nice condition and either black or tan, please don't just ruin the leather, trade me for my seats. I have some bolster wear on my drivers seat. Passenger seat is fine. Both seats work fine. An obvious bonus would be if you are near me in sunny F-L-A. Hope to hear from someone. Thanks.

Peter

SINCITY_NSX: Your covers shipped out yesterday, and your material for the door inserts drop shipped out from our tannery. They didn't have enough leather left over here for the door isnerts, so you should recieve the leather in a seperate box. Let me know if UPS has any problems delivering your seats.

Well the interior's pretty much done. Feels like a new car to me! :biggrin:

(click thumbnails for larger version)

The quality of the leather is great! If I could do it over again I would stay with ALL leather. The suede is synthetic and looks & feels more like cloth. I am told it will look more suede-like once the knap comes out with wear.

(Dealer "stickum" carpet protectors on the floor... it's winter here!)

In these pics the red looks a little brighter than it actually is.

The leather will probably tighten up after some age (heat and sun especially).

The heated seats DIY is actually a pretty easy and (for me) well worth the extra time and $ spent - these things get very toasty on the high setting. :biggrin:

The boot is a little much for me (believe it or not :wink: ) so a black leather w/ red stitching is going in when I get in the next group buy (yes - this leather kit is that good! New leather is going in the other car!)

...Anyone else have theirs done - pics?

Here are some pics of my new install, This kit is awesome and there customer service is as well. They mixed up my headrest order with another and fixed it right up quick. The pics are a lil foggy they were taken with my cell phone.

Attachments

• Photo_011106_001.jpg
    Photo_011106_001.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 267
  • Photo_011106_002.jpg
    Photo_011106_002.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Photo_011106_003.jpg
    Photo_011106_003.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 4,941
Anyone do the interior in all red. I would appreciate the pictures. Wonder how close this red is to the factory Type R. Bucket seats seem to be too uncomfortable for me so not installing them like planned.

I'm interested in the all leather red with centers perforated. Options I want will be the door inserts, center console. Let me know when the next group buy will be running. I heard it will be after New Years.

Thanks.

Stick-e-rice: We have not sold an all red interior yet. However, PM or email me your address and I can send you some samples. We have three reds that might be close, two of which are not listed on our website. My email is [email protected].

After many many hours and severly beaten fingers :tongue: I finally got my seats done. I'm very happy with the quality and fit of them. I originally wanted a black/red two tone but having an ivory interior, it just wouldn't look right. I ended up going with a perforated ivory insert to pay homage to my ivory interior. I hadn't seen this combo before, so I felt like I was taking a pretty big gamble on if it would look good or not. I'm really pleased with the way it came out. What do you guys think? I think this makes me with the only black/ivory two tone (so far, at least that's what Leatherseats.com told me). :biggrin:

12272IMG_1331A.JPG

12272IMG_1332A.JPG

12272IMG_1334A.jpg

12272IMG_1333A.jpg

I like it Vega$ !
What might be OTT now however is the mats - I'd be inclined to reverse the colour if it was mine. The colour of those doesn't quite match what your seats or even OEM parts are. Black mats with white trim might look really hot against that combo. Add to the contrast effect.
One reason I decided against getting red inserts in my seats was because of the red console & door panels. I'm also contemplating getting a set of all-black mats for mine to replace the zanardi style - the reds don't match but wasn't so noticable without the plastic parts painted (which do match the exterior paint) - now I think the red plastic parts need more black contrast to offset them.
So no disagreement, the seats are great - consider the mats (did you get those custom made for the sub box, like mine or are they std. fitment?)

Back