• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy: Science of Speed Race Tow Hook

We are moving forward with the folding Ferrari Challenge style based on popular demand. Thanks Steve for putting this together.

Product highlights:
- compatible with 1991-2001 (2002-05 application being confirmed)
- mounts to factory tow hook mounting location
- is removable in seconds (meaning, you can replace the factory plastic tow hook cover when not in use)
- folding style can be tightened in place to prevent bumper damage
- available in black or red powdercoat

The forged/machined parts are complete. The mounting bracket which attaches to the factory mounting location is being manufactured now. Orders will ship in approximately 3 weeks from Friday. All information is located here:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ce_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/front_tow_hook

Not shown: mounting bracket
towhook_450.jpg

To produce this, we need a minimum of 5 paid orders. We are holding the discounted pricing open until this Friday, 7/12. You can order online by browsing here. Enter the coupon code "hook" to get the discounted price.
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ce_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/front_tow_hook

Last edited:
I am interested but need to know it will fit a 02+

Hi Chris
I was on the list but cant order through that link, you have my details from previous purchases do you want an email from me?

Yes, please send us an e-mail.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your orders. We received enough orders to proceed with production. We expect to ship within 3 weeks from today. The group buy is closed.

Chris can you confirm fitment on a 2000 with SOS/Cantrell Gt front bumper? Its the same bumper on you white widebody shop car. I see a tow hook on it and was wondering if its the same hook?

I'm psyched to see so many people interested in tracking their cars......this mod is always welcomed by the track crews looking for a place to tow you out of the gravel.

Lol! John, they are just getting ready for the inevitable. Their track instructors will teach them the same high speed parallel parking technique that Bruce taught me. The only thing left from their lesson will be this tow hook.

I'm psyched to see so many people interested in tracking their cars......this mod is always welcomed by the track crews looking for a place to tow you out of the gravel.

I'm in it for bling! Not tracking my nsx, lol.:). Actually, my car is very low. the last time I had to have it flat bedded for a tire issue it was PITA to get under to hook it up to pull on the flat bed. Tried driving it up and damaged the rear valence. I was thinking a tow hook would make it easier to get on a truck.

Last edited:
yay ....a new concorse category for xpo this year.........for the front tow hook protuberance phallic award.....

Yes, this will fit with aftermarket bumpers, however, you will need to cut a hole in to the bumper, as these bumpers have no opening / cover for the factory tow hook.

I only asked because of these photos, bumper doesn't look cut there.

*photo removed

Last edited:
I only asked because of these photos, bumper doesn't look cut there.
http://scienceofspeed.com/revolutionized/ScienceofSpeed/NSX/1992_Grand_Prix_White/

This photo does not show the product being sold. That car has a bracket that offsets it in front of the radiator. The product being sold places the tow hook in the factory location. To avoid confusion, could you please remove the photo?

- - - Updated - - -

'02-'05 confirmation yet

We are awaiting for a car to arrive for us to test. We will post as soon as we confirm either way.

Back