• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy: Side Bolster Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATED 12/20/06
Thanks NSXprime!! Second series is SOLD OUT! Now taking orders for 3rd series. Please allow 2-3 weeks for production and shipment.

UPDATED 12/17/06
UPDATED 12/9/06

For a limited time I have arranged production of custom NSX Bolster Protectors as referenced in my earlier thread:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79990

bolsterprotect.jpg

These Bolster Protectors cover the common "wear" areas of our NSX seats. They are made of a terrycloth like surface on the side that contacts the leather and a smooth stretchy surface on the outer side. One protector covers both the inboard and outboard bolster of 1 seat. They are individually hand-made in the US, install in under 2 minutes, and are machine washable.

Initially they will only be available in black. Order 1 Bolster Protector per seat that you want to protect.

BOLSTER PROTECTORS 3RD SERIES - NOW TAKING ORDERS!!!
3rd Run pricing is as follows $30 for one + plus $5 S/H, $55 for two + plus $7 S/H. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. Optional: add $2 for tracking and insurance.

Shipping charges are for lower 48 states USA only. Those ordering from other locations please contact me regarding shipping.

Send me a PM if you are interested. Payment by PayPal or check is preferred.

****INSTALLATION PHOTO TUTORIAL NOW AVAILABLE****

CLICK HERE FOR INSTALLATION AND CARE INSTRUCTIONS

Last edited:
The initial 10 orders have been placed. Production of the first set will begin immediately. For the initial orders please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery.

Any further orders will require an additional $5 for S&H and the time window for production will be 2 weeks.

Installation instructions will be posted shortly. I plan to have step by step photographs demonstrating the proper placement of the protector on the seat.

Stay tuned.

Nice product. Is there an option of extending it on the lower end to cover the corners as well? Or perhaps make a separate piece for that area too if the design doesn't allow it? That part wears equally fast given that the seat belt crosses over and is a pressure point as well.

The production version was made longer to give extra coverage to the area that you describe. However the design of how it attaches to the seat precludes being able to cover the entire "elbow" (for lack of a more descriptive term).

Here's a photo of the production version:

IMG_0429.jpg

BTW, PM sent.

Last edited:
The initial 10 orders were shipped out today! I have PM'ed each of you with your tracking numbers. I will have a step by step photo tutorial on installation on the web by the time you receive your protectors. Please monitor this thread for the web-address.

The first 10 were produced and mailed at below my cost as a holiday gift to everyone! I really hope that you are able to put them to good use!

Last edited:
Just put mine on the driver's seat, install was easy to follow, felt now that the seat was protected, may as well put on a coat of wax too, and since it's so nice here in the NE, just went out for a drive to round out the morning. Motegi, thanks for a needed product, prompt delivery, and clear instructions. Now only time will tell if your solution takes care of the problem!!!

Well, I'm glad you were able to get them on without difficulty! Enjoy!

RPM217 said:
Just put mine on the driver's seat, install was easy to follow, felt now that the seat was protected, may as well put on a coat of wax too, and since it's so nice here in the NE, just went out for a drive to round out the morning. Motegi, thanks for a needed product, prompt delivery, and clear instructions. Now only time will tell if your solution takes care of the problem!!!

Motegi,

Since there are two available for immediate shipment does that mean the previous orders have already shipped?

Thanks.
Charlie

odenspike said:
Motegi,

Since there are two available for immediate shipment does that mean the previous orders have already shipped?

Thanks.
Charlie

Charlie,

Yours will be on the truck tomorrow with the rest of the 2nd series that I just picked up today!!! I will PM you the tracking number tomorrow afternoon!

Happy holidays!

P.S. Still two left! Third series is still weeks away.

Awesome, much faster than I thought they were going to go out!

odenspike said:
Awesome, much faster than I thought they were going to go out!

I really pushed because I hoped to have them sent out for the holidays!

Stick-e-rice said:
If you make these in red, I will take them.

Thanks.

Sounds good! I'll let you know if I start having them made in colors. The main problem is going to be getting a good color match.

All second series orders have been shipped via expedited 2nd day priority mail. I have sent tracking numbers to each of you by PM so check your in boxes!!

BTW, for those with black seats... Still 2 left!

2nd Series is now sold out! I hope that all who have ordered thus far are putting them to good use!

I didn't realize that there was such a demand for these things! I'm going to try getting other colors made as well.

I am now taking orders for the 3rd production run. Expect a 2-3 week window for the third series due to the holidays. Refer to the #1 post for the pricing details.

Just an idea, how about making them with vinyl/pleather sides, so that it blends into the seats more. Just a thought.... :wink:

Btw, I get 50% of profits if you use my idea! :biggrin: j/k

Pps- I bought one for my drivers seat.

Regards,
- Z

The vinyl/pleather may "rub" more against the leather and defeat the purpose of the protectors. I guess one could stitch a "pleather" cover on top of the existing protectors but it would greatly diminish the "stretch-ability" that is required in the design.

BTW, have you received/installed yours yet? IMHO, the apparent "contrast" between the protector and the seat is greatly exaggerated in the photographs due to the flash. In other words they don't look so obvious in person... as proof of this I had the prototype set installed in my car at this year's Florida NSXCA chapter holiday lunch/drive. At the lunch venue I had the windows open while the car was parked and had people looking inside the car at the GPS and other things. Nobody even noticed the protectors AT ALL!!! So please don't just go by the photos with regard to how they will look in your car.

Last edited:
Ah yes, you have a point!

Yes, I did receive it, but I'm currently working on the car, so I've been conditioning the leather while it's inoperable.

Also, to those who are considering this, I in no way was putting down this mod, I think it's great! Just offering a suggestion.

Thanks,
- Z

I appreciate your suggestions and hope that the design continues to evolve with input from everyone!

As for sharing in the profits... What's is a 50% share of $0? Heh heh.

As I had mentioned before this is a limited production and each piece is hand made here in the US. As a result, the labor cost exceeds the material cost and the first 10 orders were sold at a net loss to me.

Being an NSX specific product there just isn't enough demand to warrant developing a larger scale production overseas to reduce labor cost. So I'll keep having them made locally in small batches for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back