• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gruppe M Titanium exhaust

I've had my V2 on my NA1 since 2003 till 2007 and then switched across with my NA1 DC sports headers and fitted on my NA2 since 2007, CEL comes on and off.

No complaints on this exhaust dream exhaust, never regret except a few years ago when there was all the rage about the GT ROM F1 sound but when I got the gallardo and LP640, I appreciate the NSX so much more and the noise.

None of these gruppe m exhausts are catback exhausts, correct? If yes, technically they are not legal for street use?

Not correct, version 1 uses cats and there were only four version ones made and I had the only one in the us. The other three are in Japan, version two and three do not use cats. I sold the version one since I wanted something more aggressive sounding. You can see a picture of the version one muffler in my gallery if anyone is curious on how it looks. The quality is very nice and fitment is spot on.

You can see a picture of the version one muffler in my gallery if anyone is curious on how it looks. The quality is very nice and fitment is spot on.

What gallery - in your profile? Shows as empty?

Can you just link or embed the photo directly in this thread?

Here's the images for anyone who doesn't want to scroll through galleries and is just interested to see the photos in this thread:

13289v1_side.jpg

13289gruppe_m_v1.jpg

13289v1_side2.jpg

First off that link shows two pictures of the muffler right at the top left, so there's no need to scroll. You make it sound like I buried the pictures in there and you have to fish for the pics.....:rolleyes: pages 4 and 5 have the pics on there, but thanks for posting them.

Last edited:
The version one is tame with a low grunt to it. Think of it like a Comptech exhaust..... I have the Gruppe m intake and you can hear it making the sucking noise while the exhaust has the low growl to it. Once I heard the GTLW on Jon Martin's NSX then it was game over and I knew I had to have that exhaust.

The Gruppe M exhaust is a very nice piece though and all of their products are high quality with a high price of course.

That muffler would have been nice hanging on my wall in the garage as an art piece.

Version 2 and 3 are the louder ones since they don't use cats. They have an awesome sound to them and I was considering one of them at one time, but I wanted to keep my cats to avoid any problems.

Last edited:
I see. I don't want to remove my cats for an exhaust. Thanks for the explanation.

Version 2 and 3 are the louder ones since they don't use cats. They have an awesome sound to them and I was considering one of them at one time, but I wanted to keep my cats to avoid any problems.

No problem, as you know California is getting stricter on emissions and the state needs money, so its not worth getting fined thousands of dollars for not have cats and having to ref your car every year.

My car is plenty loud with my cats on and I can't imagine how loud it would be without them....well actually I can since I heard many NSX's with different set ups and its too loud with test pipes.

Funny thing about the V2, I never polished it, ever. I would windex it after each wash for water spots but the stainless never attempted to dull. Fantastic finish.:wink:

Back