• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT-One Engine Tourque Damper - In stock!

GT-One Engine Torque Dampener - In stock!

5 in stock! $395 + Shipping
more info: http://www.gtoneusa.com/product_info.php?products_id=68

What it is and what it does:
An engine dampener is a small shock absorber that mounts to the engine and top section of the chassis. It reduces engine movement with some other benefits below:

- Improves (smoother) Shifting
- Reduces wear on the exhaust system joints from engine movement
- Reduces wheel hop (I will try this myself on the track in 2-3 weeks)
- Improved your car stability

The vibration of high revving engine requires more than the stock mounts. That is why GT-One dumper was created. It will improve the overall feel and response of your NSX (i.e. shifting and cornering) and get you that much tune with your ride. The improved feel is even more obvious with car using automatic transmission.

Due to the length of the engine, we have developed the torque damper to work better at slightly slanted angle

img084.jpg

img085.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I too would like to know if these are compatible with the CTSC set up! If so I would like one!!

but being that it is a matter of placement, you just need the space to screw in the bolts.
DJ

I'm not with Honda R/D but it looks like it mounts to an existing alternator bolt? Is it wise to transfer torque to the top and one side of an aluminum block? Would the bolt set in aluminum take the abuse (side to side) as it's not made to hold anything more than a tight bolt pulling strait up?

What are the benefits of this part? Do you find more vibration in the cab?

I would think a set on harder motor mounts would work better :confused:

Looks like a nice part I just don't know what it does?

It's doesn't do anything except move with the engine torque - It's bling people! :)

For "$395 + Shipping" I would hope it would DO something :frown:

It's doesn't do anything except move with the engine torque - It's bling people! :)

If its "bling" then its the "swap meet" kind...:cool:
http://www.gt-rom.net/gtrom/matrix/engtrq.htm and this is from the Galleria (Houston)

http://www.gt-rom.net/gtrom/gtone/enginetorquedamper.htm
The above link gives a pictoral breakdown; please excuse the lack of a proper English translation.

As to the Honda R&D, my appologies to anyone I offended, I was not insisting that anyone should spend their own money to try the product out and hope it works. We (GT-Rom) have not installed one on a supercharged vehicle, but we have heard of a customer or two that have used them. Where and how did they mount is totally unknown to me and this is an unfortunate thing. Just like the rear stabilizer we sell, we have not installed these either on Targas, but we have heard of some customers using them in their Targas. Bottom line, I have already spoken with Mr. Tamura about the description and a translation that would include "not tested on forced induction engines" or "only recommended for NA applications" or something along those lines to avoid any confussion or avoid me having to supercharge my project car to see if it works.:eek: I'm planning on going with 6ITB's so a slightly different route...:cool:

Being that I am not the technical type, the damper simply reduces engine vibration and in doing so provides better engine response. High rev engines "move" a lot, the NSX engine and RX-7 rotary both benefit from reducing loss generated by the vibrations. The increased response is more noticeable on Automatics, this is the word from our mechanic and R&D guy, Mr. Yamamoto.

Hope this helps and please buy, join the slew of folks that have added more "bling" to their NSX without paying Galleria prices!:biggrin: And I support single moms too!
DJ

Im going to have to agree on this one, the best thing it does is take $395+shipping away from the owner..

A transversal engine/transaxle would want to move the opposite direction the tires are spinning, that damper isnt set up in the right position for that..

Maybe its purpose is to dampen engine vibration, it doesnt seem good for that either....

heh, it looks alot like something JC Whitney sells, just for alot more.

This seems like the correct application of that product. Directly parallel with the engine torquing.

Im going to have to agree on this one, the best thing it does is take $395+shipping away from the owner..

A transversal engine/transaxle would want to move the opposite direction the tires are spinning, that damper isnt set up in the right position for that..

Maybe its purpose is to dampen engine vibration, it doesnt seem good for that either....

heh, it looks alot like something JC Whitney sells, just for alot more.

This seems like the correct application of that product. Directly parallel with the engine torquing.
You should buy one and try it yourself that it's actually dampening the engine :smile:

Lol JC whitney.... I don't think I need to response to that.

To me it sound like a lot more research needs to be done before you list this product for sale. It seems like you can’t answer any of the questions that are being asked……

1)You don’t know if it would work on super charged applications
2)You don’t know if the product will get in the way of the strut bar on Targa models
3)You don’t have any SOLID proof that the product actually improves performance

I’m not trying to be rude but I think these are all basic questions the consumer would want to know before dropping $400 on a part that doesn’t work for them. If this part worked on SC’d applications and actually provided a PROVEN benefit, I would be the first to order one.

Best of luck

Here's one I had on my S2000. It was mounted perpendicular to the motor. I honestly noticed little difference. In face I think I felt more steering wheel vibration. To be honet I bought just for looks....then again it didn't cost nearly 400 dollars

full_1897_p44295.jpeg

guess i'll ask it here...

I pmd you about the catch can/coolent resevoir product...does if work with the targa top models? Will the Strut bar get in the way?

fwiw, I have the catch can/coolent reservoir, and had to trim my engine cover slightly in order for it to close; I have a coupe.

Also, the hose provided with the catch can is very low quality, on my nsx we noticed on the dyno the hose would heat up and become soft, then it would constrict under throttle. I purchased a "fitting kit" from science of speed, which included suitable hose and fittings, here:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...roducts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/oil_breather_tank/

You would think, when you're spending nearly $600 for a coolant tank, you would not need to deal with these problems.
dunno.gif

To me it sound like a lot more research needs to be done before you list this product for sale. It seems like you can’t answer any of the questions that are being asked……

2)You don’t know if the product will get in the way of the strut bar on Targa models

1-No, we don't know if it would work on supercharged vehicles because we have not installed it on one. Unfortunately we could not test it out with all available aftermarket parts.
2-See above minus aftermarket parts... Not to be rude either but it was made and tested on a RHD coupe. I will advise Henry to edit the sales description to avoid confusion. And I am checking to see if it will work with the Targa.
3-Solid proof for this part would be? It does not add HP/BHP if that is what you mean so we do not have any Dynos to show.

Personally I love the way it has been compared to a JC Whitney product. But then again, you could compare my 400,000 Yen Sharp TV to the "other brands" 100,000 Yen one and you would only notice the difference when you looked at it from an angle or after a couple months/years use. That is the beauty of being a customer with access to the Internet/Catalogues, we have other options, sometimes cheaper, in several aspects of "cheap"

Last edited:
fwiw, I have the catch can/coolent reservoir, and had to trim my engine cover slightly in order for it to close; I have a coupe.

Also, the hose provided with the catch can is very low quality, on my nsx we noticed on the dyno the hose would heat up and become soft, then it would constrict under throttle. I purchased a "fitting kit" from science of speed, which included suitable hose and fittings, here:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...roducts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/oil_breather_tank/

You would think, when you're spending nearly $600 for a coolant tank, you would not need to deal with these problems.
dunno.gif

First I've heard of fitting issues but I will let Mr. Yamamoto know. This is a thread about the Torque Damper though...

I’m not trying to be rude but I think these are all basic questions the consumer would want to know before dropping $400 on a part that doesn’t work for them. If this part worked on SC’d applications and actually provided a PROVEN benefit, I would be the first to order one.

Best of luck

Not rude at all,
1) Until it's tested, application is for NA only. When this product designed, it was for NA application. The reason is just because almost nobody in Japan using supercharge so until I see it myself installed in Supercharge NSX, then I have to say - not for supercharge application.

2)You're confusing torque dampener with coolant tank. What sojusoulja was asking was a coolant tank. We will put up the information about the coolant tank soon.

3)What it is and what it does:
An engine dampener is a small shock absorber that mounts to the engine and top section of the chassis. It reduces engine movement and some benefits below:

- Improves (smoother) Shifting
- Reduces wear on the exhaust system joints from engine movement
- Reduces wheel hop (I will try this on the track in 2 weeks)
- Improved your car stability

Edit: I also edited the main post. Basically it's the same information I have on my website and it's linked on the first post.

Last edited:
dunno.gif
That's what happened when you buy straight from the mfg. you pay more, we're sell it here for $475. The same thing with the GT-Wing that you wanna get it straight from Sorcery, good luck!

Last edited:
Back