• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT-Rom Concept Body Kit

DJ from GT-Rom here,
First off, to the gentleman that hijacked my LED light thread:eek: , what gives? What are you thinking? Start your own and market your product there. I don't care if you uh…make lights with a similar style as ours, people will buy what they want.
Now the main reason for this post is to let you know we listen to what the consumers want. Mr. Tamura doesn’t mind trying new things, that’s why the GT-One line of products for the NSX and S2000 (yeah I know, you guys have never clicked on that one huh?) are made in Japan to his extremely high standards. Are they good? That’s for consumers to decide. Are they made to the high standards that a built by hand Japanese supercar icon deserves? An emphatic YES. Whether we sell five or fifty, the five we sell will be awesome, and the drivers will be some of the happiest NSX enjoying folks on the planet.
We are prepared to launch into the second stage of GT-One AeroStyle body kits, the first one based off of the most popular Honda HSC. There, I said it. N1 was our first venture into aero for the NSX. Different from the often copied JGTC style kits that you see everywhere. The N1 was made for performance and to stick to the current mold of the NSX. That was Mr. Tamura’s baby, this one could be many owners’ dream.
How many times have we seen that “concept” car to only see it fall through our grasp and remain a “concept”? If there are 10 (ten) orders for the concept styled body kit we will make it. It will cost 1,200,000 Yen + shipping (about 100,000 Yen). This translates to about $10,000 + $850 US. It will take approximately six months and we will need deposits of 600,000 Yen to make it happen. The other half + shipping cost when we ship.

**Update**
Due to costs becoming really high, we will NOT be recreating the headlights of the HSC as seen at the Osaka Motorshow and throughout the world. I noted the motorshow because I was there, I have video...I'll post sometime in the future. I really hope you guys like this. It has been a dream of mine to own an HSC since I took a vacation from running my company in Hawaii to see this concept car in Osaka I guess 5 years ago? My wife thinks making this dream a reality will finally bring balance to our finances...
DJ
Like our signature says…

Last edited:
i'm sure the kit development will take a bit of time... is there any artist rendering of the final product? the HSC translation on the NSX body with the current headlight treatment?

wow... this is a cool thing to look forward to!

None yet, Mr. Tamura told me to post this so I did. He's seen a couple photohsops and gone over the numbers to produce it and says it's not only doable (minus the headlights) but within reason, if, and only if there are at least 10, sorry, forgot to subtract mine, 9 units sold.
This is like going to an artist of great renown, saying "Paint me a _______", you pay half upfront, and six months later when the paint is drying you pay the other half. When it's done drying you can mount it wherever you like.
We are trying something new, when has "add a name here" Company every asked the community what they really wanted and delivered it?
And if this isn't what the community wants, cool, squash it, wipe the easel clean and start on something else. A lot of people want to ride around in a JGTC look-a-like and create the Mugen NSX complete with 6 ITB's and all but don't have access to the parts. This is just another product that hasn't been delivered to the public. I've read "no one is listening, why do we dream and post this stuff?" Well, here you are, this one's for the dreamers with 1/2deep pockets...only half upront...
DJ

Wow, a HSC bodykit, a must see. :eek:

I know this is in the very begining stages, but i feel people would like to know a little more on how its going to look like, reason for the photoshops... an identical HSC except for the headlamps or with some mods.

On the Second Gen NSX / HSC forum, many opinions have come forward. A few i remember is that the HSC should have had an integrated spoiler as the NSX, some didn't like the taillamp nor the forward C pillar, also some liked the gullwing doors. Maybe Mr. Tamura should consider some of this point, or maybe he already did and we are not aware. :rolleyes:

edit: personally, i do like the HSC with the changes mentioned above.

AC

Last edited:
Just my .02 - If you plan on building something from scratch, you might as well design something from scratch. The HSC would be nice, or the LeMans GT1 turbo body would be nice as well, but why mimic something that we have already seen. I think Veilside had the right idea, but they are too flamboyant and ricer for most NSX owners.

I bet you that there are a few owners on here who are good enough with design programs that they could give you an updated/refreshed NSX design that would appeal to more core owners without making the car look like something else all together. To me this sounds like a very exciting project and the time should be spent creating something very special, original, and artistic.

At any rate, good luck. NSX owners are pretty picky.

How closely can this body be to the HSC without it's headlights? Can you describe what parts of the car will be modified in some detail? Thanks!

Tai

None yet, Mr. Tamura told me to post this so I did. He's seen a couple photohsops and gone over the numbers to produce it and says it's not only doable (minus the headlights) but within reason, if, and only if there are at least 10, sorry, forgot to subtract mine, 9 units sold.
This is like going to an artist of great renown, saying "Paint me a _______", you pay half upfront, and six months later when the paint is drying you pay the other half. When it's done drying you can mount it wherever you like.
We are trying something new, when has "add a name here" Company every asked the community what they really wanted and delivered it?
And if this isn't what the community wants, cool, squash it, wipe the easel clean and start on something else. A lot of people want to ride around in a JGTC look-a-like and create the Mugen NSX complete with 6 ITB's and all but don't have access to the parts. This is just another product that hasn't been delivered to the public. I've read "no one is listening, why do we dream and post this stuff?" Well, here you are, this one's for the dreamers with 1/2deep pockets...only half upront...
DJ

hey DJ you have a NSX and a RX-7?

Put me on the list...........if it looks similar to these below coupe or spider

reddress.jpg

attachment.php

hey DJ you have a NSX and a RX-7?

I sold MY NSX in Hawaii, I guess you can say I have one, but it's the company car...and my daily, a red RX-7, FD3S, stock except for the exhaust and ICE (in car entertainment).

I'm looking for a US market NSX because if I ever want to bring one back to the States, that's the only one they will allow in nowadays.
DJ

The doors MUST remain stock as well as the hood, that is the ONLY way to keep cost from going above 10k...keep that in mind.
DJ
You might just re make the NSX! if Honda does not start making the new version you can make your NSX V3! and sell it. (would be cool with a 3,5L!)

Personally I wouldn't want to rebuild the NSX, tooo much work and the cost would send ME to the poorhouse...even though I could get a break on the parts and labor! If I could build my perfect NSX, I'd go with a setup just like Mr. Tamura. Totally NA, fully rebuilt from the rooter to the tooter, best of everything (GT-One products:wink: ) and only thing more to do would be ITB's but as of now, that kicks you from daily driving fun, to I'll only take her out on the weekends...
Just my 2Yen...
DJ

And Targa, I love Poobear's car! Wonderful paintjob by the way...

Any time frame expected for the rendering from Mr. Tamura? I woul love to see how it turns out.

Personally I wouldn't want to rebuild the NSX, tooo much work and the cost would send ME to the poorhouse...even though I could get a break on the parts and labor! If I could build my perfect NSX, I'd go with a setup just like Mr. Tamura. Totally NA, fully rebuilt from the rooter to the tooter, best of everything (GT-One products:wink: ) and only thing more to do would be ITB's but as of now, that kicks you from daily driving fun, to I'll only take her out on the weekends...
Just my 2Yen...
DJ

And Targa, I love Poobear's car! Wonderful paintjob by the way...

How closely can this body be to the HSC without it's headlights? Can you describe what parts of the car will be modified in some detail? Thanks!

Tai

Please answer this question. What parts of the body specifically are you intending to modify that will look like the HSC Concept? If you cannot change the headlights, hood or doors then that seems to limit you to the front bumper and fenders, which is not enough of the car to sufficiently call it an "HSC". If I were interested in this kit than I would at least expect the front end of the car to look like the HSC concept, including it's headlights and hood. I can understand why it would be too costly to do the rest of the car, but if you're calling it an HSC, then the front of it should at least look like the HSC.

If we make it, to keep the price from being too expensive, it will be in FRP.
DJ

You should make a carbon option. Fiberglass on an aluminum car is an option many NSX owners would prefer against even if the cost is lower.

Thank you

Hi Tai and thanks for your post, but to avoid any more confusion, this is a GT-Rom Concept Body Kit, based off of the HSC Concept car. I would love to have a full blown copy of the HSC, along with a slew of other what I believe to be wonderful renderings that have never made it to the light of day. This is NOT an HSC. If I misled anyone then I apologize, sincerely. Anyone in the world could produce an HSC look-a-like. All it takes is money. Just like anyone could reproduce many of the thousands of concept vehicles we have seen in pictures. All it takes is money. Mr. Tamura is a fairly comfortable guy, much better off than I am, but at the same time, this project is in its infancy and nothing is etched in stone. And it takes money. There are points he has set to be a foundation to build upon. One of them is to avoid being like other kits that cost in excess of 10k US Dollars, we will not be reproducing the headlights or door panels of the HSC. I for one would like something that is still rare enough to turn heads but not so rare that a hard working bloke like me couldn’t afford, even with my employee discount…

This is a service to the community, if you want it. I for one hope you like what we come up with, because that means I can make it and have one of my own! As for the carbon, Lamborghini didn’t make the carbon Mucielago in the first year, let us get this baby off the ground first…and it you don’t like it cool, let us know what you DO like, and eventually we’ll get it right. Understand, we can’t please everyone, there will have to be some consensus, and by being an owner of an NSX you already have the dough for the cake, with a little of our sugar we’ll make it sweet…
Chez DJ

quikie chops...UNOFFICIAL

Attachments

• enzo nsx comparo.jpg
    enzo nsx comparo.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 232
  • NSX-ENZO.jpg
    NSX-ENZO.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 266
  • hscgraft1.jpg
    hscgraft1.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 308
  • hscgraft2.jpg
    hscgraft2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 297
Wow, nice job Stoner, i feel this is going in the right direction.

Maybe this could be a example for Honda of what we expect of the next NSX.

Lets keep comming this good ideas.

AC

quikie mockup...UNOFFICIAL

Attachments

• quikiemockuphscnsx.jpg
    quikiemockuphscnsx.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 273
Back