• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT Theory SV-28 Widebody Sneak peak

All the ones I've seen that are light tend to warp a bit in the sun. All the ones that don't warp are heavy. I wouldn't want exposed CF anyway so i'm interested.

Quality of material, preparation and types of materials used play a large roll in the warping if you have come across this.

I honestly don't see the value in Brandon producing a product that already exists. There will be very few takers due to other offerings in the market of varying price and quality. I would rather see him focus his efforts on bringing his current products to fruition. If anything, maybe offer certain variations of his kit (I have a particular image in mind) or a unique hood of his own design. Maybe a functional cfrp brake ducting system to compliment his body kit?

Bottom line - I just want Brandon's kit to hit the market and I don't another Type - R hood is a good business case.

Who makes a good Type R style hood for the 02 headlights?

The DF Warps. The BYS is the best fitting but also warps and is no longer made. The Procar cost more than my right nut. The OEM NSXR will cost me both my nuts. The VIS is heavy and has a narrow shallow air duct...

So.. again.. Who?

Who makes a good Type R style hood for the 02 headlights?

The DF Warps. The BYS is the best fitting but also warps and is no longer made. The Procar cost more than my right nut. The OEM NSXR will cost me both my nuts. The VIS is heavy and has a narrow shallow air duct...

So.. again.. Who?

Within the next two months I will revisit and follow up with an awesome hopefully nsx-r style hood IE: GT ONE and/or Route KS dry carbon products. Fitment prior to announcement of course.

Within the next two months I will revisit and follow up with an awesome hopefully nsx-r style hood IE: GT ONE and/or Route KS dry carbon products. Fitment prior to announcement of course.

Just for the bugeyes? Or popups too?

I honestly don't see the value in Brandon producing a product that already exists. There will be very few takers due to other offerings in the market of varying price and quality. I would rather see him focus his efforts on bringing his current products to fruition. If anything, maybe offer certain variations of his kit (I have a particular image in mind) or a unique hood of his own design. Maybe a functional cfrp brake ducting system to compliment his body kit?

Bottom line - I just want Brandon's kit to hit the market and I don't another Type - R hood is a good business case.

Don't worry Josh, this project is finally getting competed. The full carbon kit will be done in a couple weeks and we can get it installed and out to paint so I will finally have a finished product to see. The existing kit will be installed on a customers car. Both cars should be out of paint sporting the center exit diffuser and all in about 3 months. We also are doing some custom variations for another customer on a kit including front bumper and side variations. Drop me an email and let me know what you have in mind, we can build just about anything.

Full vacuum bag carbon kit is finished up. The full carbon parts weigh 50% less than the hand laid fiberglass and are as stiff or stiffer than OEM aluminum body panels. The front fenders weigh in at 2lbs each!! We are working on the rear diffuser mockup now and getting ready for final install and paint of the carbon kit.
IMG_20140406_203335_310.jpg
IMG_20140406_203503_260.jpg

In the second photo you can see the urethane core reinforcements for strength.

Haven't had much time to work on the new diffuser lately, but now it's about complete, just need to finish up the grill areas and mold. Then the FG kit is going on a customers car and the carbon kit is going on our NSX and they will be off to paint.
IMG_20140525_092111_877.jpg
IMG_20140525_095229_173.jpg
IMG_20140525_101855_896.jpg

Diffuser grill areas are mocked up, time to trim and finish the shaping before the entire diffuser is primed and re-blocked.
IMG_20140609_075458_153.jpg

I also had a chance while stripping down a 97 NA2 to get some weight comparisons between OEM aluminum parts and our SV28CV, vacuum bag carbon, widebody parts.

Oem rear 1/4 panel (vent removed)-9 lbs
With vent installed-11.8 lbs
SV28CV rear 1/4- 6.1 lbs!

OEM 91-01 side skirt- 4.4 lbs
SV28CV side skirt- 3.5 lbs

Oem front fender- 3.4 lbs
SV28CV-2.08 lbs
The SV28CV is the ONLY widebody kit that weighs less than OEM parts.

Last edited:
The vacuum bag/epoxy carbon combo makes fitment a breeze. This is the front fender gap, fender bolted in with 3 bolts
IMG_20140621_150232_041.jpg
IMG_20140621_150237_421.jpg

Someone needs to make that bumper for the stock Nsx for those of us who do not want a full blown wide body. Looks great.
Ken

Thanks guys. Here is a crappy shot of the rear 3/4 view which is becoming one of my favorite angles.
IMG_20140622_192500_814-1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Someone needs to make that bumper for the stock Nsx for those of us who do not want a full blown wide body. Looks great.
Ken
I actually think I could make a version of the diffuser that would work with the factory rear bumper and replace the existing valence. If there is interest I can build it once we finish up current projects. The exhaust will work for standard body and widebody so that will already be done.

Last edited:
I actually think I could make a version of the diffuser that would work with the factory rear bumper and replace the existing valence. If there is interest I can build it once we finish up current projects. The exhaust will work for standard body and widebody so that will already be done.

Or maybe, an integrated diffusor and valance as an option to the stock OEM 02 valance? A plug and play option would have the potential to attract larger sales for you. Diffusor area in carbon (possibly the whole peice) with ability to color match the sides would still give an OEM look to a great rear end upgrade.

The rear 3/4 shot looks really good, as does panel gap ...

Nice project, rgds Paul

Brandon how about share some of those great pics of this kit. I know a lot of people will love to see the progress.

Paul, here are a few pics of our car. We had to have the front wheels redone after SEMA for more clearance on the massive WP Pro 360mm brake kit so high quality pictures will be coming soon. I opted for he full vacuum bag carbon fiber option when I built this. The entire kit weighs 35lbs, 1/2 the weight of the factory aluminum and abs pieces. Thats not a guesstimate either, I weighed every factory parts VS our carbon parts.
Here is a pic of the center exit diffuser, final part
SGaT4Vk.jpg

Rear diffuser installed, no exhaust.
zwPg06S.jpg

A few random pics
sog5TZh.jpg

Vhyswpz.jpg

NKZ2npt.jpg

MgdVz7v.jpg

JBjnuGa.jpg

IKESSgn.jpg

Some pics of our center exit exhaust that goes with the diffuser
ik76ryY.jpg

tryByWe.jpg

WCvxIg2.jpg

mn05bSV.jpg

I am also currently working on a V2 front bumper that is similar to the OEM 02+ bumper, just more aggressive.

Attachments

• Phone pics all 1375.jpg
    Phone pics all 1375.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 447
Back