• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GTLW is here!!!!

And I Cant wait to put it on. Such a great looking exhaust woaw!

Anyway...

Question, the exhaust didnt come with the holes to put the silencers in...is that something you have to do yourself? (drilling of the holes)

Thanks

And I Cant wait to put it on. Such a great looking exhaust woaw!

Anyway...

Question, the exhaust didnt come with the holes to put the silencers in...is that something you have to do yourself? (drilling of the holes)

Thanks

Why would you want to put holes or silencers in it? :confused: Plus you should get TP if you wantt he real deal. Silencers only negate the purpose of the exhaust and rop horsepower because you're restricting the flow again, duh! :tongue:

hmm I got my gtlw from sos about 5 yrs ago and it came with the holes and silencers,of course I asked ahead of time for the silencers.

Why would you want to put holes or silencers in it? :confused: Plus you should get TP if you wantt he real deal. Silencers only negate the purpose of the exhaust and rop horsepower because you're restricting the flow again, duh! :tongue:

THANKS FOR THE HELP :rolleyes:

If i take the car on a 2,000 mile road trip, silencers are needed. Also...this isnt my 1st rodeo with a car...im very much aware putting in silencer cuts HP levels...doesnt take a genius to know that regaurdless

Anyway, yea Doc it came with the silencers but the exhaust tips are not pre drilled for the silencers. I was just wondering if this was normal for people to have to drill their own

Last edited:
Mine came with silencers and no holes. It should'nt take but a couple of minutes to drill. Honestly of all the GTLW sound clips I've heard, I've never heard one "with" silencers. Nice exhaust, enjoy it.

Yea thats what i was going to do anyway...just wondering.

Thanks cant wait to hear it!

THANKS FOR THE HELP :rolleyes:

If i take the car on a 2,000 mile road trip, silencers are needed. Also...this isnt my 1st rodeo with a car...im very much aware putting in silencer cuts HP levels...doesnt take a genius to know that regaurdless

Anyway, yea Doc it came with the silencers but the exhaust tips are not pre drilled for the silencers. I was just wondering if this was normal for people to have to drill their own

Yes agreed! If you are going for a long drive, I highly recommend to have them in.
And as for the hole, I drilled it myself.
Enjoy!

dreaded droning...

Do the add-on silencers eliminate the rather annoying & undesirable drone at certain RPM ranges w/ the Taitec GTLW exhaust (a phenomenon in the past for many w/ stock exhaust-manifolds & cats' alongside the GTLW)?

Last edited:
I have GT-One headers and the Taitec with TP's and you can hear me from a mile away. Its crazy loud and I love it:biggrin:

I have GT-One headers and the Taitec with TP's and you can hear me from a mile away. Its crazy loud and I love it:biggrin:
I think I heard you a couple of times, and I'm in Beaumont, LOL. Then again it might've been Z.:smile:

How was the sound when you got it mounted?:smile:

I'm really on the fence about this, so badly want GTOne 5.1 and i dont wanna feel i have to "settle" for GTLW. (i like the ferrari high pitched sound).

Thoughts about Belcanto Exhaust & the new taitec version of GTOne?
(sorry for hijacking abit).

Re: dreaded droning...

Do the add-on silencers eliminate the rather annoying & undesirable drone at certain RPM ranges w/ the Taitec GTLW exhaust (a phenomenon in the past for many w/ stock exhaust-manifolds & cats' alongside the GTLW)?

Yes it does reduced the drone, it also reduced the sound quite significantly. After aftermarket header installation seems to help.
I'm having another silencer made up anyway for the long drive. Making a less restrictive silencer. I want it to reduce the sound but not as much as my present silencer.

I actually installed the silencers and then begin my own tuning project. I drilled 3/8" holes in the silencers until I had just a bit of sound reduction but not like with the full silencer. Just helped take the edge off on highway trips.

Keith

Back