• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GTOneUSA.com is up and running! With Ver 5.1 Exhausts - Stainless in Stock

I've been looking at (and listening to :D) the Ver 5.1 Exhaust. Absolutely amazing sound. However, I'm concerned about several issues:

1) I've got an '05 with a CT intake, SC, headers, exhaust. I've been told that it's imported to use an exhaust with big enough pipes that won't cause excessive back pressure for the SC. Does the Ver 5.1 exhaust have at least as much flow as does the CT exhaust?

2) Can the EVCS be used with the Ver 5.1? How is it installed? And will it cause additional back pressure?

3) I noticed on the gtoneuse.com website that they say the following for the F1 Series - Ver 4, "Please check your local laws. When using this on public roads a catalyst might be required." This seems to imply that a CAT (OEM?) can be run with it. Is this the case? How would the CAT get installed? Could the Ver 5 also utilize a CAT?

4) The NA2 2000 NSX's and above have a bigger CAT. The headers are shorter as a result. Will this be an issue for the Ver 5 exhaust?

thx...

The V5.1 is the V5 without the valve. No extra backprssure because it doesn't sit in the path of the main exhaust flow, just in the secondary setup (look at the pics). If you get the NA2 exhaust you can use your factory cats. As for backpressure, I don't know for sure versus the Ct setup. I don't think there will be an issue. But I build 7PSI max no matter what RPM I am at. Ever. I don't know if that is related to teh exhaust or not, Shad said its just fine.

I am sending you a PM.

I have the Ver 5.1 on order. It's going on a 91 with CTSC. I plan on keeping my cats, so I hope it all fits without hacking parts.:confused:

I have the Ver 5.1 on order. It's going on a 91 with CTSC. I plan on keeping my cats, so I hope it all fits without hacking parts.:confused:

Rob, I just installed the 5.1 on my demo car, 93 with cats. It fits perfectly and no hacking parts.

- Is it loud with cats? YES, it's loud on full throttle but under 3.5k/4k RPM it's normal but louder than stock.
I had comptech exhaust on my car and 5.1 is definitely louder on full throttle.

And your exhaust should be here either Tomorrow or Tues.

Last edited:
Rob, I just installed the 5.1 on my demo car, 93 with cats. It fits perfectly and no hacking parts. And your exhaust should be here either Tomorrow or Tues.

Thanks!!!

Update!! Update!!

Gents - 1st boat shipment arrived yesterday, Bunch of GT-One aero goodies and test pipes are here. I'll make a new thread very soon! Still checking and sorting the parts right now.

Re: Update!! Update!!

Is there anyone located within 200 miles of the SF Bay Area who has the Ver 5.1 installed? I'd like to listen to one in person before any further consideration. PM me. thx

Rob, I just installed the 5.1 on my demo car, 93 with cats. It fits perfectly and no hacking parts.

- Is it loud with cats? YES, it's loud on full throttle but under 3.5k/4k RPM it's normal but louder than stock.
I had comptech exhaust on my car and 5.1 is definitely louder on full throttle.

And your exhaust should be here either Tomorrow or Tues.

You got your 5.1 Henry? Nice! I can't wait to get mine and see what other aero goodies arrived on the 1st shipment.

Last edited:
Can someone post a picture of the 5.1 on their ride?

Got my V5.1 SS today after 10 weeks of waiting.:biggrin:

Sure it sounds badass compared to my old exhaust, but i still expected a little more after seeing Scorp's and TURBO2GO's videos on YouTube.
I guess aftermarket headers and a supercharger plays a larger part than i had hoped.

I run stock headers, cats, and a Gruppe M intake.
Sound is kind of similar to this V2 F1 equipped car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BibNdxcMb58 only not quite as loud.

somethings up with your site, tried ordering the route ks signal covers in smoke and it kept bouncing me back to payment info

You got your 5.1 Henry? Nice! I can't wait to get mine and see what other aero goodies arrived on the 1st shipment.
Yeah, it's finally arrived and installed. Loving the sound every single minute driving it :biggrin:. Basically GT-One aero kit, etc. but I'll try my best to put up the list this weekend.

Can someone post a picture of the 5.1 on their ride?
Rob, here are some pics 5.1 Titanium on red NSX
red2.jpg

4.0 on yellow NSX
yellow2.jpg

install test pipes and your exhuast will be 10X louder
Ahh .. amen to that, just installed test pipe on the demo car today finally, put on dyno after that and the mechanic and I have to put on some ear plug.

somethings up with your site, tried ordering the route ks signal covers in smoke and it kept bouncing me back to payment info
I'll check on it tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know.

Henry, do you have any pics of the GT-one Headlight??
Yes sir! Just a preview, I'll edit some more pics this weekend.
headlight.jpg

Last edited:
GT-One Exhaust system info update

I just finished installing GT-One header, 5.1 F1 exhaust titanium and test pipe on our demo car and the result is amazing!

GT-One Header
As soon as we changed the header to GT-One from Comptech, we noted a deeper and louder sound mainly due to the piping design and diameter. And YES it has more power than comptech header (I'll post the dyno number later this weekend). We're comparing this to comptech header is because the demo car has already had the comptech goodies in it and we couldn't find oem header and exhaust.

5.1 Exhaust
Oh boy, where do I start... It's more like an art than an exhaust to me.
-How do I describe the sound?
It's just a different sound, nothing I've ever heard before. It sounds exotic and screams when I open the throttle! It's just never failed to put a smile on me and people who bought it too.

It's kinda hard to put in on audio, unless it's an HD but we have professional recording on DVD coming up and I hope that helps.

TEST PIPE
Test pipe definitely make A LOT of noise and it's for track use only. More power? YES, dyno shows almost 5hp gain (around 4 something, can't remember). The power is visible on dyno at higher RPM
Please check with you local law before buying or installing it.

oh forgot to mention the fitment.. yes it fits perfectly. No need to worry about bending this and that.
My complaint: I have to pay for these...seriously.
shocklook.gif
So those are my words above ... as a customer, nothing but the truth!

Last edited:
Re: GT-One Exhaust system info update

I just finished installing GT-One header, 5.1 F1 exhaust titanium and test pipe on our demo car and the result is amazing!

GT-One Header
As soon as we changed the header to GT-One from Comptech, we noted a deeper and louder sound mainly due to the piping design and diameter. And YES it has more power than comptech header (I'll post the dyno number later this weekend). We're comparing this to comptech header is because the demo car has already had the comptech goodies in it and we couldn't find oem header and exhaust.

5.1 Exhaust
Oh boy, where do I start... It's more like an art than an exhaust to me.
-How do I describe the sound?
It's just a different sound, nothing I've ever heard before. It sounds exotic and screams when I open the throttle! It's just never failed to put a smile on me and people who bought it too.

It's kinda hard to put in on audio, unless it's an HD but we have professional recording on DVD coming up and I hope that helps.

TEST PIPE
Test pipe definitely make A LOT of noise and it's for track use only. More power? YES, dyno shows almost 5hp gain (around 4 something, can't remember). The power is visible on dyno at higher RPM
Please check with you local law before buying or installing it.

oh forgot to mention the fitment.. yes it fits perfectly. No need to worry about bending this and that.
My complaint: I have to pay for these...seriously.
shocklook.gif
So those are my words above ... as a customer, nothing but the truth!

Very good write up!

I'm definitely happy!

im glad everyone is enjoying the F1 sound mufflers

who knows what's in store for the next GT-One product.

Anyone who running header+test pipes+exhaust have any problems with the cops?

Glad to see you got the setup for yourself Henry. Any news on my valve controller?

Very good write up!

I'm definitely happy!
Thanks. Now, make some noise out there !:biggrin:

Glad to see you got the setup for yourself Henry. Any news on my valve controller?
Thanks, yeah it's finally done! I put your valve controller order last week. Apexi-usa does not have it in stock due to its size, but the order is in. Email me or pm me again this coming Wed and I'll check again on the status for you.

im glad everyone is enjoying the F1 sound mufflers

who knows what's in store for the next GT-One product.

Anyone who running header+test pipes+exhaust have any problems with the cops?

Keep it under 3.5k/4k RPM :biggrin: .

Here are a quick look what I have currently in stock. Still working on the pictures and updating the website but feel free to call me or pm me to order.

GT-One F1 headers
GT-One F1 sound muffler Ver5.1 stainless - SOLD OUT
GT-One F1 sound muffler Ver5.1 titanium - SOLD OUT
Bypass test pipes NA1
GT-0ne Pulley
GT-0ne Quick-release
GT-0ne Coolant and oil tank
GT-0ne Oil caps
GT-One Torque damper (ETA Tue 7/24/07)

Excedy - Carbon twin clutch
k-craft Earthing System
k-craft Stain mesh line kit

GT-One Headlight - 04GT model
GT-One Headlight - Black version
GT-One Lamp harness kit for GT-One headlight (HID)
GT-One N1 front bumper(New headlight)
GT-One N1 Lip spoiler (New headlight)
GT-One N1 Lip spoiler FRP (Old headlight bumper only)
GT-One Side step 4pic kit
GT-0ne Rear Valance
GT-0ne Carbon Fiber diffuser
GT-One Carbon Fiber Mirror (ETA Tue 7/24/07)

Last edited:

I DO! I DO! i have cops put me over for he wants to know what kind of car is it, 'cause IT sounds SO GOOD :biggrin:.

Here are a quick look what I have currently in stock. Still working on the pictures and updating the website but feel free to call me or pm me to order.

GT-One F1 headers
GT-One F1 sound muffler Ver5.1 stainless - SOLD OUT
GT-One F1 sound muffler Ver5.1 titanium - SOLD OUT
Bypass test pipes NA1
GT-0ne Pulley
GT-0ne Quick-release
GT-0ne Coolant and oil tank
GT-0ne Oil caps
GT-One Torque damper (ETA Tue 7/24/07)

Excedy - Carbon twin clutch
k-craft Earthing System
k-craft Stain mesh line kit

GT-One Headlight - 04GT model
GT-One Headlight - Black version
GT-One Lamp harness kit for GT-One headlight (HID)
GT-One N1 front bumper(New headlight)
GT-One N1 Lip spoiler (New headlight)
GT-One N1 Lip spoiler FRP (Old headlight bumper only)
GT-One Side step 4pic kit
GT-0ne Rear Valance
GT-0ne Carbon Fiber diffuser
GT-One Carbon Fiber Mirror (ETA Tue 7/24/07)

Henry, i will be H-town sometime next week, so i can check out all those parts ..LOL

You've got that right! It has a mind of it's own between 3.5 to 4k; even when cruising on the highway...with 4.23's and the R gears, it's very hard to be stealthy in top gear at 75-85mph...no complainants though The sound is very intimidating to most it seems. On my drive home, I usually get challenged a couple of times per leg. So far, with 4 days of driving...ZERO! ...kinda sucks...no play for Mr. Gray:biggrin:

This is an absolutely amazing sounding exhaust system! Even with the OEM cats the car sounds F carish! I personally have gone through many exhaust systems for a NSX ( Tubi, DC, Comptech, Phase, etc..) and this is by far the best IMHO. I will have sound clips up soon!! This is worth every penny!

i just received the ss exhaust and it was nice except that the tip was bent during shipping. Henry however was very quick in resolving the situation when he offered to pay for the repairs to the tip out of his pocket since fedex would take a really long time. The exhaust is on my car now and it is the best sounding exhaust i have ever heard. Everyone that has heard it is amazed by the deep sound it makes at 3-4k rpms and is overwhelmed by the sound it makes at 6-7k rpms. Thanks Henry for the exhaust and the great business ethics

Back