• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GTR... Can't do it

Every once in a while I see a video on the GTR and its incredible performance. Out of the box it makes you Michael Schumacher. I try to get used to the styling. I go to NAGTROC and look at the modded ones, the pretty ones, the ones with all the carbon, etc. I've seen a stock GTR run high 10's. 2.8 to 60. Corner exit like a lemans car. I watch Jeremy clarkson drool....

But after days and hours of looking at them... I can't do it. I just can't do it. The car has approximately ZERO style inside and out. I like the Maxima interior just as much. Speed is important but her face....

Last edited:
If the GTR was a woman:

ugly-woman.jpg

Last edited:
tumblr_lv4tx6ylFN1qjvgmso1_1280.jpg

on the real i would get one but i wouldnt sell my na2 for one. lol i actually like em rollin esp in blk

Find a Skyline GTR :)

Posted from my iPhone

This... I couldn't agree more with you :wink:

Every once in a while I see a video on the GTR and its incredible performance. Out of the box it makes you Michael Schumacher. I try to get used to the styling. I go to NAGTROC and look at the modded ones, the pretty ones, the ones with all the carbon, etc. I've seen a stock GTR run high 10's. 2.8 to 60. Corner exit like a lemans car. I watch Jeremy clarkson drool....

But after days and hours of looking at them... I can't do it. I just can't do it. The car has approximately ZERO style inside and out. I like the Maxima interior just as much. Speed is important but her face....

Find a Skyline GTR :)

Posted from my iPhone

I'm sorry but that's no beauty queen either. A nice R34 is better but theyve never done it for me. You spend 50-100k on a car, shouldn't it look good? Unless I'm on a track when is an R35 going to be exciting? Nissan really blew it. With pretty styling I'd be driving one now. They have made huge improvements every year. The car gets faster every year. But it's still just as ugly.

Last edited:
I had the same thought as you, I tried to convince myself that she's pretty but no matter which angle I look at it I just can't ...

However, just yesterday when I was filling up at Chevron, there's one right next to me. So I went and chatted with the owner and was able to take a closer look at the car. Still she ain't pretty, but I would say the car is better looking in person than in the picture.

Just about half an hour ago when I went to pick up dinner I saw a white R8 in the parking lot. I walked around the car and have to say the front end looks quite similar to the 2015 NSX ...

I disagree... the GTR is a sick and slick looking vehicle.... but I do agree its HUGE. Some cars look big (like the Viper) and are small up close.. the GTR looks huge... and is huge. No picture shows that more so than the one posted above. Looks like a slammed mini-truck.

have you driven one? its pretty insane. it definitely pushed me much closer to purchasing one, but ultimately i still prefer the NSX. i may get one some day... but i don't think i can sell my current cars anytime soon. ideally, my finances will allow me to get a house with a 3 car garage and a third car.

they are incredible on the track. But after you get over the absolute shock of beating your best personal lap time by a full 4 seconds, they are no fun at all to drive on the track.

sent from my crappy cell phone.

Overall I like the GTR for sure. I respect its performance and everything going for it. But I agree, even the modded ones just don't look that great. Bloated looking especially compared to the NSX.

We all kind of effed ourselves with owning one of the best designed vehicles ever. The bar is very high in terms of an overall package of performance and styling.

It just doesn't do it for me either. When I see one on the road, my thoughts....ehhh.....

have you driven one? its pretty insane. it definitely pushed me much closer to purchasing one, but ultimately i still prefer the NSX

I've driven an 09. I guess the '13 is much better but frankly I was a bit bored. High seat position, automatic shifting, no targa, no exotic sound, a dash not that different than a sedan. I just didn't feel it. Was happy to be back in my 6 speed NSX with the top off.

I am just stunned by the cars performance however.

the new one doesn't understeer and is a tad faster and the interior is tarted up a bit, but you got the basics. the performance is stunning, but i wouldn't track it as it is a bit boring as its too easy. my intended purpose is more of a daily driver. love the NSX, but if i'm running out to get some food or something, it is the last car i want to take.

Also is maintenance costs and performance parts are incredibly expensive. There's a guy on NAGTROC selling a modded 2009 for $150+K. Because he has 200 into it.

Seriously?? I'll take an MP412C.

Last edited:
I was just gonna say GT-R is still the cheapest supercar on the market right now, but after reading your post about maintenance cost (which I didn't know), I'm kind of suprised. It's a Nissan so I thought it's the same maintenance as NSX.

I was just gonna say GT-R is still the cheapest supercar on the market right now, but after reading your post about maintenance cost (which I didn't know), I'm kind of suprised. It's a Nissan so I thought it's the same maintenance as NSX.

It's not even close!! An R8 is less to maintain through the dealer. Somehow Nissan decided its ok to put a $100,000 customer into the Nissan reception room with a water cooler and and stained chairs surrounded by Versas and altimas while they charge Ferrari money to do some work on the car. I'm sure some owners will chime in and disagree but check the brake job costs. It's over 7K each time. The Acura dealer is downright luxurious in comparison.

Last edited:
Wow ... do you know why?

They replace all 4 rotors. $7k according to my dealer.

trans/diff fluid change is about $1300.

Oil change labor is about $220.

Warranty is not great and parts are very expensive. Factory or aftermarket. Im certain insurance is high. let me tell you we have it good with the NSX.

Last edited:
If you happen to judge a car from the driver's seat (and fewer Primers seem to these days) there are very few cars as satisfiying as a GTR. I just came back from the 2013 GTR Experience at Laguna Seca and was in awe of the 2013 GTR even after owning and tracking my 2009 for over 3 years.

On this forum it seems it is the car everyone loves to hate.
No you don't get sick of it neither on the track nor in your garage. It is Truly a phenomenal machine.

If you happen to judge a car from the driver's seat (and fewer Primers seem to these days) there are very few cars as satisfiying as a GTR. I just came back from the 2013 GTR Experience at Laguna Seca and was in awe of the 2013 GTR even after owning and tracking my 2009 for over 3 years.

On this forum it seems it is the car everyone loves to hate.
No you don't get sick of it neither on the track nor in your garage. It is Truly a phenomenal machine.

I don't hate it at all!! I've thought about buying one. It's a phenomenol machine on the track. But... It's ugly! LOL... To be fair it's not UGLY, it's just not exotic in ANY WAY. it's speed and looks are a total mismatch. I am actually angry because if the thing was better looking I'd buy one. The new NSX is a supermodel in comparison.

We all know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. A car is a package of things, its looks have to suit its personality and the GTR does that with excellence. It is a "Male" car, IMO one of less than a dozen only in the history of modern performance cars.

Back