• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Guess NSX buyers are afraid of the turbo?

The logical question would be...why don't you buy it:confused:

with any car...it seems like most people don't like to buy "highly modified" cars. I don't think anyone is afraid of it, just don't know the exactly how all the modifications were done etc...

Example: There are many supras for sale with single turbo 600+WHP... but which one sells the most? the stock ones that are babied and non-molested. Just my .02

Also if I was the seller...I would just try to put the car back to stock and sell the parts individually. He posted the car for sale 9/15/08 (i'm not sure how much time he has or how much time it would take) but it's been sitting there for awhile i would just try to get the most $ back.

But definitely a great buy for all the mods it has.

Last edited:
ahhh let me retort: docjohn lived down to my expectations, just knew someone would say that silly tired line and tag it 'logic.'

Lol ,thats ok. I am silly,and tired, but also logical.Now quit complaining about others and buy the car.

If you purchased a Brand new car non turbo,, it comes with a 100,000 miles warranty/powertrain etc. you buy the same car from the factory with a turbo they only warranty the motor or powertrain for like 30,000 miles,, I wonder why? turbos kill half the life right outta the engine,, so with Our cars yea we could put a turbo on it and be swept away by the sounds of the whistling blow off valve, and red line it till the cows come home,, so if your Praising the Turbo NSX then buy it yourself,, I am not tring to sound like an a-hole just real life kickin in!

Last edited:
I've been watching that car for a LONG time. It would cost at least 45k to replicate all that stuff in a stockk nsx. I seriously can't see why someone looking for a built nsx with FI hasn't jumped on it. Its got all the leg work done and by a reputable shop. I would have to say the biggest reason may be financing. That car has 90% of what i'd do if i had the disposable funds!!! :biggrin:

On the flip side of FI, S/c'ed nsxs go in about 60 days.:eek:

Last edited:
I've been watching that car for a LONG time. It would cost at least 45k to replicate all that stuff in a stockk nsx. I seriously can't see why someone looking for a built nsx with FI hasn't jumped on it. Its got all the leg work done and by a reputable shop. I would have to say the biggest reason may be financing. That car has 90% of what i'd do if i had the disposable funds!!! :biggrin:

On the flip side of FI, S/c'ed nsxs go in about 60 days.:eek:

Well said Ko-nsx, a meaningful response to a question/comment posted. AMAZING in this day and age of internet tough guys! HAHAHAHA!

Your comments are about what I was thinking concerning that Turbo NSX for sale. I was not thinking 'I should buy it' or the silly mindless rant of 'Praising the Turbo NSX' posts were the only opinions out there.

Last edited:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111330

WOW, only $39,000 now.....guess poss buyers are worried the engine will 'pop' right away/soon like other turbo'd/sc NSX's have? 39k........its like getting all the mods for just 10-15k.

Pretty broad assumption. I'd be more worried about not knowing what to do with the damn car... I didn't order any of those parts, I didn't have it tuned... I have no idea how well it runs. Looks like a big headache. One look at that engine bay and I'm lost. I enjoy a few "bolt" on mods but for major ones....

...I prefer to mod my own cars... it's a process, enjoyable as well as informative. If something breaks, I know where to get it fixed because i know where I bought/installed it (often my own hands).

... and then yes, it wouldn't pass smog where I live, so forget it.

Mods on any car only add a fraction to the value, unless those mods are done by a dealership or company (I.E. Shelby or RUF) then you might get some $$$ back out of it.

Pretty broad assumption. I'd be more worried about not knowing what to do with the damn car... I didn't order any of those parts, I didn't have it tuned... I have no idea how well it runs. Looks like a big headache. One look at that engine bay and I'm lost. I enjoy a few "bolt" on mods but for major ones....

...I prefer to mod my own cars... it's a process, enjoyable as well as informative. If something breaks, I know where to get it fixed because i know where I bought/installed it (often my own hands).

Mods on any car only add a fraction to the value, unless those mods are done by a dealership or company (I.E. Shelby or RUF) then you might get some $$$ back out of it.

Not a assumption just a thought/opinion, but ya I hear ya.

That says it all; my thought exactly about any heavily modded car or motorcycle. IMO, most mods actually decrease the value of the car or bike.

As others have noted, most state's emission control laws prevent this car from being street legal. That limits the number of potential buyers, and is a reasonable explanation why S/Ced cars sell faster than turbo cars. Highly modified cars also have a somewhat reduced customer base, as many people prefer stock.

However, in a few years the early coupes start turning 25 years old. In many states this is the cut off for emission control, and these cars will only require a safety inspection to be made road legal. I speculate when that happens the market for turbo cars will improve somewhat.

Antique plates for my NSX? :tongue:

Oh yeah, that's a good point. Everyone has their own customizations they'd like to make. It's a part of personalization of the vehicle. That having been said, the above car is amazing. I'd love to have it.

I called on that car awhile back.
Its the one I would own if I didnt have mine (which was bought 8 years ago).
To me that car is "it". An attainable drivable Mclaren F1 without the $60,000
major service ;)
The car has all the right bits except for a top notch coilover system. Even so the Konis are better than most.
The wheels are the best; Volk RE-30's. Not the prettiest but the lightest strongest ones for the NSX.
The engine was built the right way with the right stuff. Big bucks.
It has the best turbo system available. Perhaps not the prettiest but the best design and quality materials.
I like the way this car was designed for performance not glitz. That says alot into how it was thought out and put together.

It looks as if this was one of the very few "money is no object" cars.

My only real concern would be the clutch for street driving. There are some new designs that could perhaps be more street suitable.

If my business were not so slow and priorities a little different I'd make room for it anyhow.

As a moderator I have watched that thread since its inception.

I think the car is a hell of a deal, and if I wanted a black NSX I may well have flown out to drive it some time ago.

I have no personal knowledge of the car, but the builder is well respected in the community and it seems to be the real deal.

I may well spend an equivalent sum in the coming years to turn my current NSX into a similar machine, or perhaps buy a 2002+ and make the current car a track/race car.

I think part of the fun/challenge of car ownership is going through the process of taking a stock car to a fully modded car that shows your taste/personality.

The completely modified Turbo or S/C doesn't allow the buyer that experience. Plus the more engine mods the more you will scare away the newbie potential buyers.

Back