• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Guess that code

Hey guys.
Car threw CEL earlier today. Video link below. Just wanted to make sure I was reading the my CEL code correctly. If I understand correctly, we disregard the first blink, which would render this a code 2 (rear o2 sensor), right?

Also, does anyone know of a good place to buy both rear sensors?

Rear Primary HO2S Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
Rear Primary HO2S Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

Video link: http://youtu.be/he1nBgvZQCQ

As always your help is appreciated

i paid under 20.00 each for mine off of ebay. one was a acura part, the other was a aftermarket. both were brand new in the box. no problems with either.

Thanks for the replies. But just to start from the top, that is in fact a code 2 my car is throwing right?

what was the part # for the rear? I'll try eBay/amazon
thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. But just to start from the top, that is in fact a code 2 my car is throwing right?
what was the part # for the rear? I'll try eBay/amazon
thanks

You have the free shop manual from the Wiki right?
The correct procedure for reading codes starts on page 11-18.
To get the correct part numbers go to:
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray...=2DR+NSX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=&ListAll=All
You can look up any part number for your NSX there.

I agree with Shawn about removing the old O2 sensors. I could never get mine out.

You have the free shop manual from the Wiki right?
The correct procedure for reading codes starts on page 11-18.
To get the correct part numbers go to:
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray...=2DR+NSX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=&ListAll=All
You can look up any part number for your NSX there.

I agree with Shawn about removing the old O2 sensors. I could never get mine out.

Read the manual. Doesn't say whether to count first blink, which is why I made this post. I was confused as to whether it was a 2 or 12. See link
thanks

I have read the manual and it makes no mention of skipping the first blink.
If the CEL comes on once when you turn the key and under normal conditions goes out and stays out then the first CEL blink wouldn't count would it?
My car is on the hoist and I can't check.
Perhaps someone else can confirm the CEL light.

Its 2 for sure. I had a code 12 last week, EGR valve. That was long-short-short.
Yours is short-short.
When you switch on the ignition all lights switch on. Then after that is what you look at. It repeats itself.

Its 2 for sure. I had a code 12 last week, EGR valve. That was long-short-short.
Yours is short-short.
When you switch on the ignition all lights switch on. Then after that is what you look at. It repeats itself.

You're a good man Jo&. Thanks for your help.

Yours is short-short.

Yes you are a good man Jo&.
I didn't know that.

Back