• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Guess the WHP number!

Well, I'm hoping to have the NSX on the Dyno before I leave for Mexico this spring, so lets see who gets closer to guessing the WHP number.

I will give you turbo and system changes that have been done since last time the car was tuned.

Last year:
Turbo GT4088R
Turbine 77mm @ 78trim, housing 1.06
Compressor 88mm @ 52trim
On a T4 configuration.
This set up made 436RWHP @10psi around 7500rpm
No methanol.

This year:
Turbo PT6266
Turbine 66mm @76trim .68
Compressor 62mm
T4 configuration
This set up will be run with Methanol @ 10psi.

Those are the only changes done.

Whats your guess?

-MSR

Well, I'm hoping to have the NSX on the Dyno before I leave for Mexico this spring, so lets see who gets closer to guessing the WHP number.

I will give you turbo and system changes that have been done since last time the car was tuned.

Last year:
Turbo GT4088R
Turbine 77mm @ 78trim, housing 1.06
Compressor 88mm @ 52trim
On a T4 configuration.
This set up made 436RWHP @10psi around 7500rpm
No methanol.

This year:
Turbo PT6266
Turbine 66mm @76trim .68
Compressor 62mm
T4 configuration
This set up will be run with Methanol @ 10psi.

Those are the only changes done.

Whats your guess?

-MSR

Numbers might confuse people the gt4088r is a 63.5mm compressor wheel. It is 88mm on the exducer which isn't normally how people talk about compressor sizes. The 6266 is correct though and has a 62mm inducer on its compressor wheel.

465rwhp 365 Tq

If I remember your last tune was quite rich. Are you going to "lean" this one out a little? A leaner midrange will increase spool time quite a bit form what I hear around the water cooler.

Yes, the tune should be leaner this time .
Although this time will be methanol tuned. This turbo should be awesome!! The .68 exhaust housing seems perfect , last night I stump on the gas and it made 2psi at idle . Good things should come .

-MSR

Back