• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Guy With Train Horn Scares People-Vid (anybody got one?)

NSXchnk said:
awsome, which kit did you get?

I went with the Nathan K3, compressor and 5 gallon tank. Its an actual train horn so it should be louder than all of the plastic horn kits available. I pick up the car in a few hours and I can't wait. Since I ordered the kit, it seems like bad drivers have been all over. Been dieing to have this horn for them.

i wish there was room for something like that in the nsx ... man that's some funny stuff.
are you having a special horn button installed? i dont think i'd want to use a train horn all the time :)

on the other hand, thats a thousand dollar horn setup you bought, just for the hardware. ouch.

Yes, there'll be a small button on the dash for the train horn. The OEM horn will still function from the wheel (got to have a reasonable option available for lesser offenses). The train horn is a weapon of mass distraction that'll be used sparingly.

this is a huge hit at work this morning. i laughed even harder the second time around because of everyone else laughing. it's so juvenile.......

what you also need is a million candlepower light mounted on the roof, and at night shut out all your other lights and come flying up on cars honking the train horn. i'm laughing just thinking about it.

omg........... that would be a good replacement for the wimpy nsx horn.

Here in Holland there was a guy who onstalled a tram-bell in his car. Those are loud!

Anyway,i want one of those train horns.

That has got to be the loudest horn I've ever heard. My friend has the same one installed on his 350 duly and I swore there was a train outside my shop when he pulled up and honked that thing! :eek: Scared the crap out of me.

LMBO!!! That was just about one of THE FUNNIEST clips I have EVER seen ! I am forwarding to everyone I know. I just got a serious ab workout from laughing so hard. Bwahahahaha !!! ThaNSX for sharing ** :tongue: :biggrin: :tongue:

I got the horn put on today and it is silly loud. My car doesn't have nearly enough sound deadening material in it. My ears are ringing and I only hit the thing about 8 times since I got it. I'm wearing hearing protection from now on.

I just bought a set of twin airhorns for $25, as well as an Animal House horn for my NSX. The animal farm plays the usual - hen, bull, horse, sheep, rooster, frog, dog, duck, and cat, plus 50 musical songs and ten different sirens. How they got all that in such a small box is beyond me! It also comes with a microphone and can be switched to use as a loudspeaker. Quite a bit for under $50. That bit of foolishness will mainly be used in parades, but hey - why not loosen up the crowd during your run around the track with a few moos, baaahs, and ribbits? Or you could also do your own announcing. Just Imagine how that would fluster the REAL announcer!

I've removed the entire spare assembly, so there's plenty of room in there for this nonsense. I've installed air horns in almost every vehicle I've had simply because they work. Blow that wimpy little NSX horn and people hardly notice - blow the air horns and they get the hell outta the way! "Must be a truck there I didn't see???"
As far as the juvenile antics shown in this video - I only blew my horns one time in such a manner, and that was with the horns in a flatnose 61 Econoline van at an A&W Rootbeer stand when I pulled right up to the car hop who was sitting innocently on her stool. Poor thing was only a few feet from the horns. I decided it's not good for people to have that experience, and never did such a thing again. I can imagine someone not taking kindly to your behavior should you be so inclined, so if you get one you better make sure your dental insurance is up-to-date.

Zap

MegaZap said:
I decided it's not good for people to have that experience, and never did such a thing again. I can imagine someone not taking kindly to your behavior should you be so inclined, so if you get one you better make sure your dental insurance is up-to-date.

Zap

I agree 100%. Reserved only for really bad drivers, etc. I have a CCW in case any of those folks react poorly.

MegaZap said:
I just bought a set of twin airhorns for $25, as well as an Animal House horn for my NSX. The animal farm plays the usual - hen, bull, horse, sheep, rooster, frog, dog, duck, and cat, plus 50 musical songs and ten different sirens. How they got all that in such a small box is beyond me! It also comes with a microphone and can be switched to use as a loudspeaker. Quite a bit for under $50. That bit of foolishness will mainly be used in parades, but hey - why not loosen up the crowd during your run around the track with a few moos, baaahs, and ribbits? Or you could also do your own announcing. Just Imagine how that would fluster the REAL announcer!

I've removed the entire spare assembly, so there's plenty of room in there for this nonsense. I've installed air horns in almost every vehicle I've had simply because they work. Blow that wimpy little NSX horn and people hardly notice - blow the air horns and they get the hell outta the way! "Must be a truck there I didn't see???"
As far as the juvenile antics shown in this video - I only blew my horns one time in such a manner, and that was with the horns in a flatnose 61 Econoline van at an A&W Rootbeer stand when I pulled right up to the car hop who was sitting innocently on her stool. Poor thing was only a few feet from the horns. I decided it's not good for people to have that experience, and never did such a thing again. I can imagine someone not taking kindly to your behavior should you be so inclined, so if you get one you better make sure your dental insurance is up-to-date.

Zap

LOL!! That is hilarious. Where did you find such a horn ?

Very funny video. I played it for my brother-in-law who is a conductor for Norfolk Southern, he said it is not a train horn, it is a ferry horn in the video. He said the train horns are much louder. He is also going to keep his eyes out for a train horn set up for me from a wrecked engine. :biggrin:

steveny said:
Very funny video. I played it for my brother-in-law who is a conductor for Norfolk Southern, he said it is not a train horn, it is a ferry horn in the video. He said the train horns are much louder. He is also going to keep his eyes out for a train horn set up for me from a wrecked engine. :biggrin:

Trust me, you can't tell how loud it is in the video. The guy in the videos is using a Nathan K3 model, which is a real train horn. I have the same model and it will make people jump at 100+ yards. It sounds exactly like most trains.

7396Horn_BelowRear-med.JPG

Last edited:
Back