• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Guys quick opinion on this please

Up high or down low?

• Up high above lights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Down low between lights

Votes: 16 100.0%

• Total voters
Here is one more. Car is still filthy and I need to throw clearcoat on the latches to get the same sheen. IDK why my bumper looks darker in this photo... weird... anyway I swear I cannot tell the difference between this Krylon metallic silver and the OEM Silverstone. I cannot believe how close it is other than the sheen. This is great news for me as I now have spray touch up paint if I ever need it. LOL

latch_zps25acf40b.jpg

Hood looks great!

Just curious, how do you lock/unlock the latches since their is no cotter pin. Push down on the pin? Best thing is that you can revert back to oem later without any permanent damage--just reinstall oem hood and radiator brackets as you previously stated.

Yes there is a release button in the center.

I was specifically trying to avoid that big hood pin look. Finally finished my install today an honestly you can hardly see them. I'm going to have them painted silverstone professionally later. Unfortunately my krylon started to chip with my nails when I pressed the buttons in and out 100 times doing adjustments. Now I press the hood down and you hear click click click all three OEM and minis lock exactly at the same time. Hood is TIGHT and very stable. It's awesome you can't even flex it by pressing on it like before. I think the hood is much less stressed in general now. I popped the hood from the inside and nothing it doesn't budge. Then I press the buttons in and pop pop each side pops up. They definitely work well.

A705DFD7-6C00-4EB8-B447-E2251A7F5A27-7833-000004A4D1D0D70A_zps34c6d4df.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Hugh those are like two big zits. Lol it's ok though cuz you have horsepower. :D

Last edited:
Hugh those are like two big zits. Lol it's ok though cuz you have horsepower. :D

LOL! When you have a view of the overall car they tend to blend in better because of the black cockpit. However yours look great. Had I known about them at the time I purchased the Aerocatches, I might have opted for them instead.

Hey slightly off topic but i am curious how you did the washer sprayers. I have the df hood and i have yet to put the sprayers on.
thanks

I just installed my oem ones in. I think the holes were precut... if not I probably cut them. its been a while.

here is a photo showing under the hood. I didn't like the small nuts that went around the units barrel, it seemed like a very small surface area to be holding onto the hood. No further washers were provided. So I bought these massive washers from home depot. and the nut tightens over them so a large part of the hood is "sandwiched". I had to cut the bottom layer of the carbon hood to do this.

61D2CF39-96B1-4B4C-AD4C-4FA7C131B749-124-000000023BEA4700_zpsbb1b9fcb.jpg

Back