• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

H.P. gains from headers

Mike,

I think that your answer will be found
in the FAQ, I've read in the past that
it can add up to about 20hp or so at the
flywheel for the earlier models.

The earlier model's headers were very
restrictive as well as heavy in weight.
Try to find a good deal on the headers
as far as price goes, they tend to vary
from vendor to vendor.

Good Luck.

Mike, my car has RM Racing headers and exhaust along with RM higher flow intake and no other mods. I have a friend who has a completely stock NSX and there is a noticable difference. By the end of second gear my car is about a car length ahead and you can feel the difference in driving each car back to back. The RM exhaust sounds fantastic also, IMO. I'm not sure the differences in one manufacturer over another but I am very happy with this setup.

Most of the time, headers are for power and exhaust is for sound. You will see a good gain from the headers, but not much from exhaust.

I drove a 92 NSX with i/h/e and it was quick. It was putting down almost 264 to the wheels. Oh it had a chip too. It was a lot of fun. Unfortunelty, he wanted too much money, so I didn't buy it.

As for intakes, after reading the FAQ, it sounds like the stock intake is just fine. I am probably going to add a K&N filter shortly though for a little extra power.

Mike,
I have DC sport (Comptech's old) headers in my 92 NSX. I did a dyno before and after. The difference on my car with headers and exhaust no other mods was a peak of 11.1 hp gain at the wheels. The increase was throughout the whole curve with the most at around 7100 rpm. Although this is little compared to what the manufactures claimed, there is a definite feel of the difference. I was able to keep a 1999 C5 at my door through first and second. Prior to that, a few months before, he easily pulled me. I had a passenger he did not.
Vance

BostonNSX,

Figure 4-5 hours for the header install if they are experienced.

NetViper,

Save your money, no HP gain changing the air filter. Dispite any claims you may hear.

All you are doing is buying Mr.K&N his nice tuxedo for the commercial
smile.gif
, at least of the NSX. The dyno does not lie.

HTH,
LarryB

Originally posted by Larry Bastanza:
BostonNSX,

NetViper,

Save your money, no HP gain changing the air filter. Dispite any claims you may hear.

LarryB

K&N claims 2% or like 4-5HP. Does it really not help at all??

Originally posted by NetViper:
K&N claims 2% or like 4-5HP. Does it really not help at all??
I havnt noticed any seat of the pants non dynoed gains but have noted increased throttle body dirt.I took every precaution on install including the sealing grease.I am going back oem
david just imho to each thier own

Back