• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Happy Oil Changes

After years of doing my own oil changes, and costantly messing up my garage floor with spilled oil, no matter how careful I tried to be, I finally listened to some of the members on this board and purchased the Griot's Garage oil extractor. Absolutely Awesome. It's quick, it's clean, and it doesn't leave a drop in the pan or on the floor. Thank you Griot's.

Extracting oil through the dipstick is a wonderful thing!!

I have not done it on my NSX yet but I will be this week!

I do on my other cars all the time!

------------------
1991 NSX Red/Black
Comptech Supercharger
Bridgestone Proline Wheels
SOS HIDs
RM Exhaust
Passport SRX
Red Roof

Went down to NAPA Autoparts and bought a small pump that goes to an electric drill for $8, and some hose that attatches to it for the dip stick tube for $4..I'll let you know how it works.....looks good to me.......Maui Boy

------------------
Maui Boy

What about the oil filter? Once you remove it, oil will spill all around still making a mess. The oil filter removal makes the mess, not draining the oil from the pan.

A messy process for sure changing the filter. Still messy but can make things better by putting a rag on the suspension thats right below the filter and let it run onto that into your catch.

Vytas is right, you're under the car anyway, so why spend the money.

HI Vytas, it me, from Saturday's lunch/drive, the guy with the Green 94. Had a nice time that day. Beautiful weather too! Looking forward to next month.

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
NSXCA 1650

[This message has been edited by Litesokneecough (edited 11 September 2002).]

Back