• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Harness bar usuage

I just posted this important question in here and I guess becasue it's not NSX related some people don't mind if I hurt my self so they deleted it :confused:

The question is can I use my rear strut tie bar to secure my harness belt to? Please see the photo below.....

IMG_6990.JPG

Thank for lookn' out!!

would still have the spin shortening effect because the bar is lower than the locations where the belts would be leveraged in eventof hard crash. Otherwise I wouldnt think why it couldnt work, so long as your belts are long enuf

From the looks of the bar and the way it's mounted, would you really want to trust it in a serious situation for keeping you safe and from being thrown forward ?

From the looks of the bar and the way it's mounted, would you really want to trust it in a serious situation for keeping you safe and from being thrown forward ?
Well, the bar is mounted in a structural location that's stronger than the NSX harness bar. This bar mounts with 3 bolts (on each side) to the top of the strut tower. My main concerns are is the bar too low and it too far away from the seat.

It's just in a CRX there is no place to mount the harness to unless you fit a cage into the car. The earlier CRXs had "B" pillar seat belts and you could mount the chassis bar the same way the NSX does. But the 1990,1991 the seat belts are on the door :(

I wouldn't risk it.

The angle is way too bad for one and secondly I would never mount them on a part that is so easily compromised in an accident where you would NEED them. If you take a hit to the rear quarter panels your strut bar is probably gonna give which would do who-knows-what to YOU depending on which way it bends (might slacken up and let you fly around or it might tighten up and crush you against your seat)...

Either way, if you want to put a harness bar in there I would figure out another way.

Thanks guys!!! It looks like I need to look into a roll bar

Back