• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HART NSX To Debut in Rolex Series At Food City 250

Check out the front end of this bad boy!

004hart_nsx-01.jpg

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (April 06, 2004) -- Honda of America Racing Team will make its Rolex Sports Car Series debut in the Food City 250 at Phoenix International Raceway, April 8-10. John Schmitt and Pete Halsmer will co-pilot the No. 62 Acura NSX in the 250-mile race.

More here.

Red x ownz joo.

But I'm digging the airjacks, center exhaust, and carbon fiber dash and console. Don't see a rollbar though?

Looking forward to a good result!

Wow! Great to see another very-nicely done NSX in GT competition again. Any info on whether it's NA or FI? I'm hoping they kept it NA...w/ something like the 3.4L stroker kit from Toda (or custom). Now I have to see what the showtimes are on Speed.

Check out the REAR... WOW... looks sweet.

Any idea of power on this car? Is it a 2001 body?

04hart_nsx-03.jpg

Don't know why it wont post a pic.

Anyway, this is one of the best bodykits I have seen.... It looks amazing...

another pic of the LM car. notice the Hart car is missing the LM car's diffuser. perhaps the rules don't allow it?

Attachments

• p75.jpg
    p75.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 335
jsrsx said:
Wow! Great to see another very-nicely done NSX in GT competition again. Any info on whether it's NA or FI? I'm hoping they kept it NA...w/ something like the 3.4L stroker kit from Toda (or custom). Now I have to see what the showtimes are on Speed.

I was told that this engine would be compaigned in Rolex this year, so I guess this is the confirmation.

Showtime this Saturday night at 9pm if I remember correctly. (live)

Man, how ever did I miss that thread?

Looks like I'll be glued to the TV Saturday night. I feel like Homer Simpson already.

ncdogdoc said:
I was told that this engine would be compaigned in Rolex this year, so I guess this is the confirmation.

Showtime this Saturday night at 9pm if I remember correctly. (live)

Damn, that's a nice engine! They've gotta be restricting it as least a little bit for the class tho...I doubt they'd let them run 470bhp in GT as even the Porsche RSR's only run 445bhp (or do they?). Damn, I gotta watch this! I already missed the WC race (even on the 2nd airing), so I need my GT race fix.
What's SoS's car making now-a-days?...they're running ITBs and a host of other goodies. It'd be wicked to see them build a 3.4L ITB street monster!

kenjiMR said:
actually, looks similar to the Realtime NSX wing...

The wing is actually much less aggressive then Realtimes… less HP. Here are some pictures from the race last weekend.

Attachments

• p4090040_dce.jpg
    p4090040_dce.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 219
Check out their best lap time. Nearly the slowest in the entire field.

Why did they decide to run such an old car? Purely for nostalgic value? The lap times indeed shows it's not very competetive.

maomaonsx said:
? The lap times indeed shows it's not very competetive.

Well, as it quit after 14 laps, maybe it was not running well. I cannot see the NSX not being competitive... but then I don't know how much HP they are making vs the competition.

maomaonsx said:
Why did they decide to run such an old car? Purely for nostalgic value? The lap times indeed shows it's not very competetive.

The simple reason is that Grand –Am wouldn’t let an NSX into Rolex unless it had a carbon fiber mono-cock. This car with the Carbon fiber mono-cock was shown to the officials 2-1/2 years ago for approval. Now that’s all that G-A will allow. Techs explanation was that at 185 if the car were to hit a wall it might handle the first impact, but the second impact it would not… They think that the bolt in cage would rip out of aluminum and not the carbon. Note the Ferraris are aluminum. I originally targeted this series, and worked with HART for using their carbon molds. I also sent documentation showing the extruded framing that is sandwiched between (2) 3/8” thick steel plates for my cage. Ultimately I decided against this direction, the series is not allowing enough concessions for engine power (Compared to the competition). HART is racing according to plans and budgeting made 4 years ago, they readily admit that they wish they chose what were doing in the Cup series.

Rolex GT cars run CF monocoques? I didn't know that. I thought the Porsche GT3R/RS/RSR and BMW M3 run steel monocoques. Or is the CF chassis only a requirement for the NSX because it comes w/ an aluminum chassis? Too bad GA has put so many restrictions on the car...I would've loved to see it battle the M3s and even the GT3s. If ncdogdoc is right, they should have enough power to compete, but maybe the engine's really being choked.

jsrsx said:
Rolex GT cars run CF monocoques? I didn't know that. I thought the Porsche GT3R/RS/RSR and BMW M3 run steel monocoques. Or is the CF chassis only a requirement for the NSX because it comes w/ an aluminum chassis? Too bad GA has put so many restrictions on the car...I would've loved to see it battle the M3s and even the GT3s. If ncdogdoc is right, they should have enough power to compete, but maybe the engine's really being choked.

Only the NSX because of the aluminum (Oh-monocoques)

did HART ever consider running in the ALMS instead? i don't know much about rule differences between Grand-Am and the ALMS tho...

Double-J said:
did HART ever consider running in the ALMS instead? i don't know much about rule differences between Grand-Am and the ALMS tho...

Grand-Am is run by NASCARS Bill France (Who’s son runs in Grand-Am) Mr. France has stated that he is going to turn this series into the “Winston Cup of Road racing”. The next two years have shown some drastic changes in this direction.
Dale Earnhart Jr, Robbie Gordon, Paul Newman, Kyle Petty, Tony Stuart… have all run this year already along with Pobst, Galadi, Auberlen, Said, Cunningham… The rules have changed for the classes with more changes released for next year. Even the series name is under consideration for a change. The NASCAR series has dropped all of the road races, and the Grand-Am series is moving to super speedways. The money in the series is already changing, and SunTrust bank is a title sponsor. I’ve even heard rumors about negotiations with Don Panoz for the purchase of ALMS.

Is this good, I don’t know it depends on who you are and what your after.

Back