• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

?? has anyone here converted their Nsx Coupe to Targa

Hey Guys just wondering if anyone here has converted their Nsx from hard top roof to Targa Top roof .If so how much trouble & money are we roughly looking at?I might be purchasing a Oem Targa Top so that part would be taken care of.Is this something that should be done strictly by a body shop or can a good welder/fabricator handle this ?Any input or suggestions appreciated

Any input or suggestions appreciated
The vast, vast majority of suggestions are going to be don't do it.

I know the search function isn't great, so trust me, this has been brought up before. There isn't any significant price difference between a 93/94 and a 95/96 these days. Find a nice targa to start with.

Hey Guys just wondering if anyone here has converted their Nsx from hard top roof to Targa Top roof .If so how much trouble & money are we roughly looking at?I might be purchasing a Oem Targa Top so that part would be taken care of.Is this something that should be done strictly by a body shop or can a good welder/fabricator handle this ?Any input or suggestions appreciated

I think depending on the year your coupe is, it would determine how much work is involved. If your coupe is a pre 95, you would have to add in reinforcements to your windshield pillars to get your ridgity of a stock targa top ( which isn't saying much since most targa guys still gets cowl shake even with added after market bracing ). You also need to add the triangulated bracing in the engine compartment as well.

Now if your car is a 96+ coupe ( first I would like to know why you would want to ruin a extremely rare car ) then all of that stuff is already in there ( with the exception of the rear strut tower bar if I remember correctly )

why-god-why1.jpg

I agree the type of cash to pump into this conversion will bring you to half the price of a coupe

but if a cut off top was thrown into your yard and a awesome alum welder
that has done this type of conversion before rang your doorbell
and said he would do the work for free

then yes for all means do it.... do it to a 2005 LOL

Thanks Guys I was just curious definitely seems like to much work .I saw a top for sale thought there wasn't that much involved if you already had the oem top.Oh well more money for my Turbo set up lol

Back