• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has anyone seen this car up close?

I have looked through the past 30 days posts to see if anyone else had asked any questions about this car but was unable to find anything: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1873539666&category=5337.

This is the year range and color combination that I am looking for but this car has gone through eBay at least once before, maybe more and I was wondering if anyone out there has any insight?

I am located in S. CA and have begun my search in earnest as of 3 weeks ago, and while I am anxious to get our perfect NSX, I am really in no hurry since I plan to keep this car at least 10 years as a weekend/rally/track vehicle, so finding the right one in the color I like is really the most important thing.

I am overwhelmed by the help and camaraderie that I have seen on this forum. I actually reminds me of the group that exists on the vintage Mustang Forum (Only better actually), which is where I got the username for those of you that know anything about early mustangs.

Looking forward to joining the group of owners on this forum!

Sorry, don't know anything about this particular vehicle. However, if you are focused on track events it would seem best to stay away from 95-96s? 91-94 coupes have rigidity over the 95-96s and the 97+ have a 3.2L and 6 speed. Just something to consider.

I don't know either.
You are right in taking the time to look before just jumping right in. The car for you will come along, and when it does you will know it.
Happy Hunting.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

I agree with Markbert that the '95-96 years are the least appropriate for a rally/track car. In addition to the rigidity issue that he mentions, these also have the worst power-to-weight ratio since they have the additional weight of the NSX-T without the additional power introduced in '97.

Thanks for the replies guys. I am really just looking for a very nice NXS-T that I can drive around the beach here in S. CA on nice days, I probably won’t do any SERIOUS track stuff; just take it around with the guys for fun from time to time.

I will probably just drool over it a bunch when it is sitting in the garage, and enjoy it when we get a chance to take it on trips, etc…

Any help from the group finding the right car is appreciated!

Perfect car= 95 – 97 NXS-T, Red/Tan, 5 Speed, <40K Miles, Great Condition and $35 – 45K, am I dreaming?

From the picture in the auction, it looks like the plastic section immediately behind left rear wheel has been deeply scraped and touched up. No useful pictures of the engine compartment or close-ups of much of the rest of the body or interior other than the seats so it's hard to tell much else other than that it does have an aftermarket alarm installed.

As for a clean '97, no, I do not think that is a realistic price range.

96's do alright at the track
wink.gif
On paper though the poor 95,96's are the red headed stepchild of the bunch,with the autos the runt of the litter.

Thanks for all the replies guys! Finding the right car should be a fun adventure.

What do you think I will have to pay for a 97 with <40K miles, properly maintained, with no damage history, in today's market?

The price matrix says 50-55K for a B,C rated car. Does this sound consistent with the current marketplace?

[This message has been edited by Paul65K (edited 01 December 2002).]

Originally posted by Paul65K:
What do you think I will have to pay for a 97 with <40K miles, properly maintained, with no damage history, in today's market?

The price matrix says 50-55K for a B,C rated car. Does this sound consistent with the current marketplace?

Yes.

Keep in mind, though, that you will be paying $8-10K more for a '97 than for a similar '95-96.

Others, see additional related discussion (in which Paul and I have posted) at the similar topic here.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
...Keep in mind, though, that you will be paying $8-10K more for a '97 than for a similar '95-96...B]

To this end, if you put those additional dollars towards a super/turbo charger you are well ahead os the game. This is even more true with a car that already has them installed at the time of purchase. Good luck in the hunt for your car, and welcome!

Back