• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

hate that LONG antenna?

nis350 said:
Are you sure about the dual antenna? I unplugged it and the 'AM' radio stations do not work. Not that I care about 'AM', but shouldn't the 'AM' still work with the second antenna.
I'm sure about the diversity system with the dual antenna (which is why those top veins in the rear window don't work as a defroster ;) ) but it's quite possible that the diversity function only works on FM, not on AM...

I just located and purchased a antenna module that will limit the height that the antenna is raised and is adjustable so that any height can be "remembered". I hated how high the antenna would extend and called my favorite antenna supplier who recommended this module. Only $25 bucks and it works very well. From inside the car, you can adjust the overall height and set it there so it always repeats when the ignition or radio is cycled on and off. Antennaworld.com. I have purchased the exact factory style antenna for my black NSX in a black finish instead of the original chrome. Acura wanted $560 for a complete antenna replacement and Antennaworld has the same unit made by the same company who makes them for Acura for $125. Looks awsome on the car when only extended about 20 inches.
The unit is supposed to emulate the adjustable antenna feature that is available on Mercedes.

do snap a few pics and direct a link to where you got it from. thanks.

ZR-1 NSX said:
I just located and purchased a antenna module that will limit the height that the antenna is raised and is adjustable so that any height can be "remembered". I hated how high the antenna would extend and called my favorite antenna supplier who recommended this module. Only $25 bucks and it works very well. From inside the car, you can adjust the overall height and set it there so it always repeats when the ignition or radio is cycled on and off. Antennaworld.com. I have purchased the exact factory style antenna for my black NSX in a black finish instead of the original chrome. Acura wanted $560 for a complete antenna replacement and Antennaworld has the same unit made by the same company who makes them for Acura for $125. Looks awsome on the car when only extended about 20 inches.
The unit is supposed to emulate the adjustable antenna feature that is available on Mercedes.

I mounted a rocker switch in the center consol storage box with 2 wires going into the trunk. cut the wire that gets the signal from the radio when the power is turned on. join the two wires to the two ends of the cut wire. now I contol when the ant. goes up or not. if you didn't know the switch was there you would never find it.

flight said:
I did this a day after I got it. I hated that damn thing so much I could not wait to get an s2000 antenna :)

Reception is not bad for me. Works perfectly fine provided I am not in the country or under a cluster of power lines.

That antenna always makes me laugh - Honda manages to build such an awesome car, hi-tech in every way, then bangs on an antenna that can get intergalactic transmissions.

so how exactly can you put an s2000 antenna on??

I always thought it was funny to see an NSX go by when it was on the other side of a cement median....all you would see was a roof and a big antenna... :D

Back