• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Having brake calipers painted in South Fl

spyderman33 said:
Anyone know where I can get my calipers painted in South FL and how much would it cost?
\\

Paint them yourself, I have a paint kit in red from Dali. Its yours if you want it.

Armando

Last edited:
You can easily do it without removing the calipers, removal of the wheel is all that's required. It is a easy Saturday project IMO.

Re: Re: Having brake calipers painted in South Fl

MiamieNeSeX said:
\\

Paint them yourself, I have a paint kit in red from Dali. Its yours if you want it.

Armando

Cool.. I'll take it! Did you do yours? Did you need to remove the calipers? What preparation was needed?

Re: Re: Re: Having brake calipers painted in South Fl

spyderman33 said:
Cool.. I'll take it! Did you do yours? Did you need to remove the calipers? What preparation was needed?

ok, yes, yes, mine are podwer coated. No need to remove if you are using this system, you clean the clipers in place mix the paint and brush it on.

Armando

remove the calipers

removing the calipers is very easy!!!!

remove the calipers, clean them off, and paint them - do it quick before it gets too humid down here - the paint will never dry!!!

After painting them, bring them indoors and let them dry in an airconditioned environment - much better result!!!

just my .02

Dr. Gums

I also used the Dali kit, It's real easy to do. It comes whith a break cleaner spray and the paint.

-Frank

Hey Hey Hey!!!

Hold your horses Spyderboy. The Blade plans on painting his calipers a nice BLOOD red also. When are you planning on engaging in this little project?

Lets link up. TitaniumVtec (James) just painted his. He was too shy to post his experience here (more like he is too damn busy actually).
:D

BladesNSX said:
Hey Hey Hey!!!

Hold your horses Spyderboy. The Blade plans on painting his calipers a nice BLOOD red also. When are you planning on engaging in this little project?

Lets link up. TitaniumVtec (James) just painted his. He was too shy to post his experience here (more like he is too damn busy actually).
:D

Well maybe you should call me back.. :)

Armando, is hooking up the Dali paint.. let's do it this coming weekend..

I just did mine with the Dali kit. It was really easy, I left my calipers on. I did two coats on all four and only used about 1/4 of the paint. One kit will easily do two NSXs.

John

caz-nsx said:
I just did mine with the Dali kit. It was really easy, I left my calipers on. I did two coats on all four and only used about 1/4 of the paint. One kit will easily do two NSXs.

John

awesome .. good tip .. thanks.. any pics of the final product?

Definitely paint them yourself!

I was going to have them powder coated so I had them completely removed ($150.00) and found they can't be powder coated without being "rebuilt". I then had a body shop paint and clear coat...an additional $150.00...moral of the story...save your money and do it yourself.

FeetFxr said:
Definitely paint them yourself!

I was going to have them powder coated so I had them completely removed ($150.00) and found they can't be powder coated without being "rebuilt". I then had a body shop paint and clear coat...an additional $150.00...moral of the story...save your money and do it yourself.

ouch.. thanks for the advice..

spyderman33 said:
Well maybe you should call me back.. :)

Armando, is hooking up the Dali paint.. let's do it this coming weekend..

How dare you!!!

I will return your calls when I am good and ready and you will like it Mister!!!

Now....I do recall you letting me go several times at the behest of your beautiful wife. Though I can entirely understand. Now where can I find a GIF of a smiley being wipped??

Attachments

• whip.gif
    whip.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 442
BladesNSX said:
How dare you!!!

I will return your calls when I am good and ready and you will like it Mister!!!

Now....I do recall you letting me go several times at the behest of your beautiful wife. Though I can entirely understand. Now where can I find a GIF of a smiley being wipped??

lol!!!! dude, as always we have kidnapped the thread.. let's paint this weekend.. I'll pick Armando's brain for tips..

spyderman33 said:
lol!!!! dude, as always we have kidnapped the thread.. let's paint this weekend.. I'll pick Armando's brain for tips..

Its taken you guys longer to discuss how what when and where than the painting is gonna take.. lol you guys are welcome to use my jacks and stands, ill even throw in some beer.

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
Its taken you guys longer to discuss how what when and where than the painting is gonna take.. lol you guys are welcome to use my jacks and stands, ill even throw in some beer.

Armando

LOL!!!!! I know.. just like women.. I swear that estrogen is contagious ;)

that's a tough offer to pass up but we'll supply the beers...

Kevin, you in?

Ladies, I just looked at my calendar and this week is the Grand Am race at Homestead Speedway. At which the DAL race team will be running. I will be there friday for the practice session, probably Sunday for the race. The offer to use my state of the art facilities to facilitate your new go fast mods still stands. Call me if you need directions 305-903-7786. If you want to invite the wives for an after install party I'll be more than happy to stock the fridge with beverages and crank up the grill.

Armando

Back