• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hawk Ceramic Performance for the track?

I currently use AXXIS Ultimates on my '91 and use the car for weekends and 8-12 track days per year. problem is they dust BAD. Not a problem for track days but even after a coupla trips into town the wheels are filthy. I have Hawk Performance Ceramic on my daily driver RX8, and I can go two WEEKS or more without cleaning the wheels.

Will the Hawk Performance Ceramics hold up anywhere near as well as the AXXIS on the track? or is there any other less-dusting (but similar performing) pad compared to the AXXIS?

PS- I don't want to change pads between track events.

If the Panther XP Plus are the same as the previous Panther Plus, they dust up like nothing I've ever seen. Literally after one day, I can see the dust, plus they squeak more than a dash in a Ford. ;)

I haven't used the Hawk Ceramic pads. Based upon the description on their website, it appears to be a low-dust compound, with performance in between their HPS street pad and HP+ street-track pad. I suggest trying them. One thing about brake pads for track use: you're going to use them up and replace them, so it's easy to try different types. If you don't like them, try something else next time.

I like the HP+ for street and track use. But they do dust quite a bit.

Another possibility for a low-dusting pad for street and track use is the stock Honda pad for the NSX. Relatively low dust, and it holds up well on the track.

Keep in mind that dusting is relative; all pads dust quite a bit with track use. But some do so more than others.

(As for Carbotech pads, I tried the Panther Plus; it worked great on the track, but squealed like the dickens on the street, which is why I stopped using it. I see on their website it has been replaced by the AX6.)

Back