• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Headers installs

I bought a set of top speed headers for my 99 nsx and the rear header is hitting the transmission and can't be installed. Has anyone else had this problem?? What did you do? Also if I have to get another set of headers any suggestions on what brand to get for fitment and sound. Any information will be helpful

Last edited:
Hey Guys

Thanks for your responses. Larry you may be right it may be the front header. I am not sure since I am not doing the work. My car is at the Acura Dealer. I know the header is hitting the transmission and it's not the header that requires the notch out of the cross member. I think the jig that was used to make these headers that was sent to me was not set up right and the pipes were not bent the way they should have been. that being said I wish I could say they sent the right one out for me but the second header didn't work either. I am now thinking of going with CT headers. That may be the price paid for going with a less expensive brand to start with.

If any of you have any advice on what brand of headers to use and where I can get the best price on them I am going to order them Thursday. I will send the top speed ones back since they dont work.

Thanks again for the feed back.

Last edited:
Back