• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HELLO TUCSON & PHOENIX! Let's do Brunch.

"hello tucson & phoenix!" brunch report update

WHAT A GREAT TIME - all three of us, Heather & 14 month old Tenli (TucAZNSX)(Steve had to work) and Ron (RONSXTC). Heather has been super active in everything NSX including helping to stage a couple NSXPO's. What an education and super introduction to the AZ NSX scene. Thanks heaps Heather.

And thanks also for your interest unagijones, Twindragon and FenixRising. We are definitely going to do this monthly so there will be plenty of future opportunity to join in.

I want to keep the Tucson Brunches on the 2nd Saturday of each month but already have to make an exception. I do not want to conflict with the Jerome/Sedona drive on June 14th as I plan to participate along with all you other guys. So June's Brunch will be on the following Saturday, June 20th.

I was able to grab a couple pictures to memorialize our first Tucson Brunch. Click on the thumbnails below to see the pics full size.

Ron

===============================================

HI EVERYBODY! I moved to Tucson from Bellevue WA recently. For several years I enjoyed meeting with a local bunch of NSX owners and lovers of all things NSX who met informally at a local restaurant every month in Redmond. I have not seen anything like that happening locally so I thought I would stick my neck out and see if anybody would be interested in doing that here in Tucson.

So here's the deal. I contacted the manager of the Tucson Mall Mimi's Cafe and set up a 9:30 a.m. brunch for the 2nd Saturday of every month starting May 9th. I told her I had no idea whether anybody else would show up but plan for 6 to 12. Incidentally, the last time I ate at this Mimi's I mentioned this idea to my server and thought she was going to have kittens. Turns out she loves NSX's and will do whatever it takes to work for our group. So if nobody shows I will at least have one person to talk to about NSX's!

Here are the particulars:

WHO: NSX owners, spouses, friends and anybody who simply loves NSX's.

WHERE: Mimi's Cafe at Tucson Mall. 4420 N Oracle Rd, Tucson (corner of Oracle and Wetmore).

WHEN: 9:30 a.m. Saturday, May 9th and the 2nd Saturday of each month thereafter (June 13, July 11, etc.).

All kinds of neat things sprang forth from the Redmond group, from spontaneous drives after the meal to barbecues with 28 NSX's showing up and organized tours to Mount Baker. There was nothing formal or structured about the group. Just having a regular time and place for NSX people to get together was the key.

So what do you think? If you can join in the fun give me an RSVP (just in case things get a little crazy and I need to update the number at Mimi's). You can respond here on the thread but a personal message or email will help keep the thread from getting too cluttered.

HELLO PHOENIX! How about a group drive to Tucson? One of the reasons for the 9:30 a.m. time is the thought that Phoenix guys might like to meet at the AZ Mills Mall (junction of I10 & I60) at 7:45 a.m. (lv @ 8:00 a.m.) and caravan to Tucson to join us. My hope is that this idea will catch on and a similar group spring up in Phoenix. In the mean time the fact that all you Phoenix guys have a standing invitation to join us at our monthly brunch is a pretty nifty excuse to get a group together for a Saturday morning drive to Tucson.

Ron K

TALLY TO DATE:

TUCSON, Interested
- TucAZNSX

PHOENIX, Interested
- FenixRising
- unagijones
- Twindragon: schedule conflict

Attachments

• 2009-05-09 Tucson NSX May Brunch 55% 021a.jpg
    2009-05-09 Tucson NSX May Brunch 55% 021a.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 2009-05-09 Tucson NSX May Brunch 40% 008a.jpg
    2009-05-09 Tucson NSX May Brunch 40% 008a.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 2009-05-09 Tucson NSX May Brunch 65% 013a.jpg
    2009-05-09 Tucson NSX May Brunch 65% 013a.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 2009-05-09 Tucson NSX May Brunch 75% 015a.jpg
    2009-05-09 Tucson NSX May Brunch 75% 015a.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 2009-05-09 Tucson NSX May Brunch 95% 017a.jpg
    2009-05-09 Tucson NSX May Brunch 95% 017a.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 2009-05-09 Tucson NSX May Brunch 55% 019a.jpg
    2009-05-09 Tucson NSX May Brunch 55% 019a.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 2009-05-09 Tucson NSX May Brunch 40% 016a.jpg
    2009-05-09 Tucson NSX May Brunch 40% 016a.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Hey Ron, thanks for arranging this.
I am willing to make the drive down to Tucson if any else joins me from Phx area. I was also thinking about a tour of Tucson when I am there.

Anyone else in Phoenix area interested?

Super! I would really love to see a group from Phoenix.

So HEADS UP PHOENIX! "unagijones" would like to have some company.

TUCSON GUYS: Anybody like to conduct a Tucson tour after brunch?

Ron

Last edited:
Twindragon - you bet! The Redmond group had former owners, owner wannabes and assorted folks who simply loved NSX's. I dreamed about owning an NSX for 15 years before I was finally able to get one. The next best thing to owning one is to be around people who do.

Ron

TucAZNSX - absolutely! The fearless leader of the Redmond group I attended had a baby boy born on Wednesday and had him in attendance on Saturday at the age of 3 days!! We also had a proud dad who brought his 6 year old son along. Incidentally, the pic of Dad & 3 day old Son in the NSX was taken in one of the other attendee's NSX's. Dad's family car had a proper car seat.

Ron

PS If that is your NSX in your avatar I will personally volunteer to drive your son to the meet so everybody can stand around and drool all over their shoes while admiring your car!

Attachments

• IMG_0052 644x438.jpg
    IMG_0052 644x438.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0074 (2) 632x442.jpg
    IMG_0074 (2) 632x442.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0043 (2)R.jpg
    IMG_0043 (2)R.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Just wondering if there will be anyone heading down from Phoenix this weekend. Our car is still in California for the next week or 2 but my son and I would love to follow a few NSX's to Tucson.

Last edited:
FenixRising - It looks like unagijones is a good candidate. I am sending him a PM (personal message) to confirm. Stay tuned.

Ron

PS Suggestion: An easy to find place to hook up is the South side entrance (W Baseline Rd) to the Arizona Mills Mall at the junction of I 10 and I 60.

Last edited:
Looks like I might be solo tomorrow...

I'll be at the AZ Mills on the south side @ 7:45 am.

Look for the silver PT Cruiser (NSX still in California).

Hope to see someone there.

FenixRising - unagijones was looking to be part of a group of NSX's so opted to wait until the June 13 brunch. I live in Tucson so you could come direct without stopping at AZ Mills Mall. It might be worth swinging by the Mall however just to see if somebody shows who did not respond on the thread.

In any event, I am considering the idea of alternating the brunch between Phoenix and Tucson, even months in Phoenix and odd months in Tucson. Maybe call it the Phoenix-Tucson CoNSXtion or some such. That way each group would have a local meet one month and a group drive on the alternate month. I am looking for ideas for a good brunch type family restaurant with plenty of paved parking that would be in the general vicinity of the AZ Mills Mall (junction of I10 and I60).

Watch for a new string on NSXPrime regarding the June 13 brunch somewhere around June 1st.

Ron

PS Look for a PM with my email and cell phone info.

Last edited:
Back