• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hello - worng wheel sizes, old tyres & much confusion

Hello from Dubai!

I have a 2003 Acura NSX Silverstone, on 19" TSW Jarama wheels all round, courtesy of a previous owner.

The fronts are 19x8 offset 40mm (I think based on the TSW site) sporting 215/35/19 Kumho tyres & rubs when approaching full lock and anything that resembles a bump.
The rear has 19x9.5 offset 40mm with 275/30/19 Kumho tyres.
Suspension is stock.
Brakes are stock size wise.

Intention is to fit KW Variant 3 coilovers and the iLift kit, and fit 18's at the front & 19's at the back, and then drop the car as low as possible.

I've been using www.willtheyfit.com to work out wheel & tyre sizes and referencing quite a few threads here.

However specifcally on the front how much space is saved by using KW V3 coilovers versus stock suspension?
I would like to fit wider wheels, and want to utilise the space behind the wheel (hub side).
In other words, I don't want the wheel to create an arc when turning, I want it to turn on its center - or as close to stock as possible.

Hope I'm not talking jibberish!

Thanks
H

Attachments

• IMAG0870_1.jpg
    IMAG0870_1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 166
You will not gain "space" by changing the suspension. Rubbing will be worst if you lower the car.

Anyway, 19 fronts with 215/35 is not drivable. So it is not a surprise you have problems. If you really want to keep the 19'' rear, go 8''x18'' ET35-45 front with 215/35/18, not bigger.

The best and most popular combo is still 18'' rears (9'' to 10'' wide, ET30-40) with 17'' fronts (7.5'' to 8'' wide, ET35-45).

Back