• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help identifying this plug?

Hello all, I'd like to ask for your collective help to identify what this plug is supposed to be for?

It's located right behind the top of the front bumper cover, right where you latch the hood. Thank you for your help!

IMG_4185.jpg

Does your horn work? You can look through the air dam and see if your horn assemblies are plugged in. Another idea ... is your front ambient temp sensor in the center of the front air dam plugged in?

Does your horn work? You can look through the air dam and see if your horn assemblies are plugged in. Another idea ... is your front ambient temp sensor in the center of the front air dam plugged in?
The horn does work, but is an aftermarket air horn style. I'll do more digging into the ambient temp sensor...so thanks a lot for that suggestion.

You can follow the same bundled wire harness down through near the front hood latch to see if the front ambient temp sensor's plugged in. This [link] shows you what the plug looks like.

You can follow the same bundled wire harness down through near the front hood latch to see if the front ambient temp sensor's plugged in. This [link] shows you what the plug looks like.
Thank you that was extremely helpful. I can see for sure that it is indeed the plug for the front ambient temperature sensor from the plug design.

There are four two terminal plugs in that general area and the plug bodies are all the same. The fact that the wires on the plug look to be orange and black says this is probably the plug for the OEM horn (two of them up front and an extra security horn in the front compartment). The actual wire color is orange with a black trace. Confirm that it is orange with a black trace and it is almost certainly for the OEM horn. The ambient air temperature sensor wires are brown and black with green trace.

Last edited:
There are four two terminal plugs in that general area and the plug bodies are all the same. The fact that the wires on the plug look to be orange and black says this is probably the plug for the OEM horn (two of them up front and an extra security horn in the front compartment). The actual wire color is orange with a black trace. Confirm that it is orange with a black trace and it is almost certainly for the OEM horn. The ambient air temperature sensor wires are brown and black with green trace.
Aha, the plot thickens. OK, I'll keep digging. The horn has been replaced/upgraded with an aftermarket horn so this may indeed be the case.

It's confirmed orange/black wiring, so is for the OEM horn after all. This is the most sensible answer of all, so my sincere thanks for your help to figure this out.

Back