• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help: Injector leak (gas leaking)

Hello All,

I just purchased a 99 CTSC NSX from SoCal. The car was great and I drove it 1200 miles home without incident (and nice weather strangely enough). I did the trip in 29 hours (including all stops). Again, the car worked perfectly. I got home yesterday and smelled a touch of gas from the engine. I started the car today and a lot of gas was leaking out of what I think is one of the rear injectors. It is only one that is leaking and it is under the fuel rail. Please see the attached pictures and video.

I appreciate any help you all can give. Thanks a ton in advance.

Jacob

DSC02580.jpg

DSC02581.jpg

Video Here;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIrwjSO5GKc&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
If it is the injector, you can replace the rubber o rings. Be sure it 's not a crack in the rail or loose fitting . Replacing the o rings has been a topic on this Forum and some of the more experienced NSX'r's can guide you through the process and, from what I recall, it is not difficult.

Last edited:
There has been more than 1 engine fire with a leak like this. My first piece of advice is not to run the engine! It is very easy to lift the fuel rail and pull an injector (you do NOT have to take the fuel lines off the rail to do this). My car is NA so I don't know if the CTSC creates other issues but the pictures look like you should be able to do it.

Thank you for the info so far. Yeah, I am not going to drive it. It is leaking pretty bad once pressurized. I am looking for some DIY's to do this myself. If not, I will just have Charles at Acura of Lynnwood do this. What are the part numbers? And where should I buy these?

Are these part #'s correct for a 1999 with high boost CTSC?

16472-PH7-003
16473-PD6-000
91302-P0A-A00
91301-PM7-003

Thank you for the info so far. Yeah, I am not going to drive it. It is leaking pretty bad once pressurized. I am looking for some DIY's to do this myself. If not, I will just have Charles at Acura of Lynnwood do this. What are the part numbers? And where should I buy these?

Are these part #'s correct for a 1999 with high boost CTSC?

16472-PH7-003
16473-PD6-000
91302-P0A-A00
91301-PM7-003

The are correct for the stock 1999. I beleive these are what you want, since the injectors are a bolt on for the CTSC install. I recall from installing the blower the fuel rail/injectors are the first step in the assy. So... I think you will need to remove the blower since the fuel rail mounting bolts are not clear when it is assembled. This is not a big deal, since you really do not need to remove it, just remove the four(silver) bolts that mount the blower assy to the manifold and carefully slide the blower front/back to be able to actually remove the fuel rail. (removing the belt makes this quite easy)

Do you know which blower you have?

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
The are correct for the stock 1999. I beleive these are what you want, since the injectors are a bolt on for the CTSC install. I recall from installing the blower the fuel rail/injectors are the first step in the assy. So... I think you will need to remove the blower since the fuel rail mounting bolts are not clear when it is assembled. This is not a big deal, since you really do not need to remove it, just remove the four(silver) bolts that mount the blower assy to the manifold and carefully slide the blower front/back to be able to actually remove the fuel rail. (removing the belt makes this quite easy)

Do you know which blower you have?

HTH,
LarryB

Thanks Larry for the information. I have the invoice from Autowave. The supercharger has a part number of 050 012, it cost $9900 back in 2003. I am not sure if this is enough information. It is a high boost set up, so I am told. Where is the best place to get these spare parts (orings and seals)? Thanks again.

Jacob

Delray, where you looked is fine,

or

Tim Poliniak Acura of Peoria, at http://www.oemacuraparts.com

AIM Hondacuraworld, 1-866-347-8355

Retrieved from "http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Hondacuraworld"

A pic of your blower would make it real easy to determine which one;).

Regards,
LarryB

CT blower pic

Here is the blower:

100_2391.jpg

Thanks again Larry, you have been extremely helpful. Great input. I will have Charles and his team take care of this. I will keep everyone updated.

Jacob

I got it all fixed. It was indeed the injector seals. I hope anyone else with this problem (or who may have this problem in the future) can learn from this and not to throw too much money at it. I had the Acura of Lynnwood team help me out. I must say thanks a ton to Jon and Charles they are great and hooked me up at a very affordable price. They are very professional and I highly recommend them.

Thanks to everyone, especially LarryB,

Jacob

This is a Whipple version, they may not have had to remove the blower for that version. Gald it is taken care of, frankly that is a dangerous problem(fire) so you are good to go:)....

I see you have the braided hoses so I suggest you heed this thread:
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86377

I finished replacing mine with the newer hoses CT uses currently and just finalized the list of what to buy if you want to do the same (see post # 31).

Back