• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help me pick a wheel color

Which color?

• Matte Black

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Matte Gunmetal

Votes: 18 81.8%

• Total voters
Which wheel color would work best with the car? Pictured is gloss black BC, although I would go Matte. Also Matte Gunmetal. So the choice is matte gunmetal or matte black? The current RSII on the car are semi-gloss black. But they won't fit my brakes. So I am changing to a BC RS41.

Car:

1D675D4E-7102-46A9-B2C9-11F3E382185F-146-00000008F98DE49E_zpsc1bfcb3e.jpg

Matte version of this: (this is gloss, only pic I found)

RS41-GBX_zps7f410667.jpg

Matte gunmetal:

RS41-MGMX_zpsdafcf896.jpg

Brakes:

dba820af581115c46e52a11bdaf9af3e_zps30094fcf.jpg

Last edited:
Gunmetal. I think black wheels are 'lost' on gray car. More so on a black car though. But yeah gunmetal

Dave,

I think I found the problem!! Your car is still primered, so if you actually painted it.....you might have more options in wheel colors! :)

Seriously, why not get them unfinished and you can have them finished yourself (i.e. anodizing, or something along those lines)? Silverstone is a color that would seem to be somewhat limited on color choices, but anodizing would give the wheels a really nice look. Thoughts?

Which wheel color would work best with the car? Pictured is gloss black BC, although I would go Matte. Also Matte Gunmetal. So the choice is matte gunmetal or matte black? The current RSII on the car are semi-gloss black. But they won't fit my brakes. So I am changing to a BC RS41.

Car:

1D675D4E-7102-46A9-B2C9-11F3E382185F-146-00000008F98DE49E_zpsda0772e2.jpg

Matte version of this: (this is gloss, only pic I found)

RS41-GBX_zps7f410667.jpg

Matte gunmetal:

RS41-MGMX_zpsdafcf896.jpg

Brakes:

dba820af581115c46e52a11bdaf9af3e_zps30094fcf.jpg

They are more "lost" in photos than in person. But yeah to a certain extent I agree. But my whole idea is to show the brakes, not the wheels. That's where I want the eyes to go. That is why I chose such "open" styles as the RSII and now the RS41 BC, it is the most "open". But I think even with Matte gunmetal they will still be plenty seen. So thanks for the feedback. I was leaning slightly more towards the Matte gunmetal myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Dave,

I think I found the problem!! Your car is still primered, so if you actually painted it.....you might have more options in wheel colors! :)

Seriously, why not get them unfinished and you can have them finished yourself (i.e. anodizing, or something along those lines)? Silverstone is a color that would seem to be somewhat limited on color choices, but anodizing would give the wheels a really nice look. Thoughts?

Anodized? like what color?

I dunno, there are so many options with anodizing that it is hard to say. Things like Work's Burning Black is possible (i.e. kind of a gun metal/black) and many other varieties. It might be worth finding someone near you and just checking out color samples. It would give you more flexibility with your color choice and match the texture of your brakes too.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    14.1 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
Gloss black. Hand Down. Nothing match the gun metal color wheels. Now If youe car was black I saw go Gun metal. :wink:

I dunno, there are so many options with anodizing that it is hard to say. Things like Work's Burning Black is possible (i.e. kind of a gun metal/black) and many other varieties. It might be worth finding someone near you and just checking out color samples. It would give you more flexibility with your color choice and match the texture of your brakes too.

But I'm really trying to showcase the brakes. Not the wheels. That is why I asked for anodized hats, and the writing on the calipers in black and not silver. That was a special request. You can see how "open" this wheel is. You can fully see the hats even better than on a 10 spoke.

DSC_0016_zps72ad9650.jpg

Last edited:
you need the old school tri spoke wheels....and arrow decals on your fenders pointing to your fantabulous brakes that are too friggen big for your car.......lol

Doc I've always had to live with things that are too big.

...a blessing and a curse......I just hope you can still drive your car....In the back of mind I can't help but ask why you did'nt just sell this and get a scuderia.....to me it seems like you are trying to turn your nsx into one.

Dave
I think the new black wheels will pick up the black in the Type-R spoiler and the black side vents as they do now.
It's too bad the brake calipers and centers weren't available in silver.
Silver would jump out nicely in the wheel wells but still complement your overall color scheme.
However yellow will contrast well with black wheels and your eye would jump to the calipers and disk hub.

Takata green?? Gold?? Be obnoxious and stand out!!!

+1 for gloss black.

Matte on the wheels always makes them look dirty. It doesn't matter at the track, but one day you are going to spend 6 hours detailing your car, top to bottom, including the brakes and wheels and then be disappointed with the lack of shine on the wheels compared to the rest of the car.

Takata green?? Gold?? Be obnoxious and stand out!!!

Gunmetal, those spokes are so thin that the brakes will stand out no matter what color you choose.

Dave,

Of the choices offered, matt gunmetal first choice. However, why not shadow chrome? The inner rim and inside of the spokes would be black or dark gunmetal, but the fronts bright silver ... IMO this would offer you the clear line of sight to the new uber brakes yet also look great in motion and probably give the rims a larger 'look' thanks to the finish.

Watching with interest and brake envy! Btw, yellow works perfectly against Silverstone ...

Regards, Paul

In the back of mind I can't help but ask why you did'nt just sell this and get a scuderia.....to me it seems like you are trying to turn your nsx into one.

I think I'm just building a more modern version of the Type R. I'm actually getting very close to its weight. And I believe I have a superior engine, suspension, and brakes. My next step is twin turbo. Then I'm building a custom cage and I'm done. Not much more left to upgrade.

The best wheel color for silverstone is the volk titanium silver which would be like a matte version of the oem bright silver color of the stock wheels on your car. The blacks look like your running an old school spare tire on silverstone. And the gunmetal or grey wheels look like you have dirty wheels.

Gunmetal hands down (between the two choices presented)

Well what else? There is Matte black but I don't have a photo of that, I am considering both gloss and matte black and matte and standard shiny gunmetal. I posted a photo of a copper one on the Facebook page it was shot down.

im a boring guy. i like a metallic silver on your car. if youre going 18/19, this is a win

x2. Out of the 2 choices gunmetal, black doesn't do much for me. You really don't see any contours or details within the wheels.

Anything with a polished step-up lip. Throw some CCWs or Meisters on and call it a day!
Jk I'd prefer lighter colors to see the spokes

Back