• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help me pick

If that is the case, then I really worry about the strength of the OZs. With the inherent lower relative strength of cast aluminum to forged, a cast wheel in general needs more material than a forged one to achieve the given integrity.
Spokes, buddy, spokes :D Without any false claims that I'm a automotive wheel engineer I think we need to remember that if the wheel has 5 spokes the distance between the spokes will be much greater then on a mulit-spoke wheel like the superleggera. In other words, the OZ has more support around the entire wheel because of its large number of spokes. Even though the spokes are thin and light there's a lot of them. Plus, even though the superleggeras are cast they do use a special "shot peening" process which "supposedly" makes them stronger then a conventionally cast wheel.

Then again......if anyone has been following my threads you'll note I did bend my front OZ last year after having it for 3 weeks. However, I think that was a freak incident, and since replacing it I haven't had any problems. Keep in mind the Northeast probably has the worst roads anywhere!!

Back