• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help! My NSX won't Start!

This morning a group of us went for a drive through the Ozarks of Northwest Arkansas, everthing went great. On my way home however, actually just 3 miles from home my entire instrument panel went dead. Once I got home I parked the car, turned it off, and tried firing it up again.....but it would not turn????? After a bit of checking it looks like the battery is ok, there is power. Could this be an issue with the Relay Assembly unit behind the passenger seat?

Any thought would be helpful!

Thanks,

Chris 91 NSX

..no I have checked that....there is power.......the seats move, the radio plays, the ac turns on......now the windows do not work nor does the instrument panel light up....

Thanks,

Chris

Sounds like it could be the ignition switch itself. Try putting your key in and turning to the "on" position. Wiggle the key around and see if you can get the dash lights to flicker on.

Good luck

Well....just tried this out but believe it or not the car fired up with no problem. I will take her for a drive around the neighborhood this evening to see if I can get symptoms to return...something has got to be wrong...
Chris

Sure does sound like the ignition switch is the culprit. Did you do the "wiggle" test?

Let us know how it goes.

The car started uyp no problem this morning like nothing ever happend. Also did the "wiggle" test....but nothing. A few years back I had a similar problem on my way to visit Barney in TN....car would not start up when I would stop for gas so I would have to either wait around awhile unitl it would work or just pop the clutch with a rolling start. Once I got to Barney he replaced the main relay assembly unit and never had a problem again.....unitl now.

Soon as I figure out what is going on or what I do to correct I will post. In the meantime if anyone else has any insights please share.

thanks,

Chris
91 NSX

Just wanting to give an update and close this thread....just replaced the Main Relay Assem. behind the passenger seat and my car fired up just fine. No idea why it went bad, it is the second one I have replaced in 2 1/2 years???

Chris
91 NSX

Back