• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help !! O2 Sensors

Can anyone give me some advice - PLEASE !!

My check engine light came on today ( on the way to the dealer for some other work )

They called to tell me I need to replace both O2 sensors. OK . No big deal...until I get the price. Just over $600 ! Six hundred bucks for 2 - O2 sensors ..??

Labor is about $150 of this, which means I'm being charged $225 each for the sensors.

This seems like a LOT of money for this job. Can anyone please give me some advice ? Is there another source to get the sensors fast at less $$$ ?

Thanks in advance for any input !

What year is your car? 95-97 the O2 sensors are under a warranty extended by Acura.
Len

relliot's car is a '99.

Roger, isn't your car still under warranty? Even if the warranty just expired in the past few months, Acura might be willing to help out. Did you ask?

Just bought front O2 from Niello for about $100, there are a couple of other after market suppliers that can do better. I don't know where the dealer is getting $225 from but I know the list for the OEM part is only about $130. If they are willing to install for $125 let them but buy your own parts. It is also unlikely both O2 sensors failed at the same time.

http://www.nsxhelp.com/diy2/trouble_codes.htm

Use the procedure to get the falure codes its easy and it will tell you what the problem really is.

Last edited:
If this was at Ferman Acura in Tampa or Crown Acura in Clearwater, did you remember to ask for your 15 percent discount on service and parts as a member of the NSX Club of America?

Yup...this was supposedly with the discount. Seems I have 2 issues to address :

1. 2 sensors failing at the same time.... ( much as I would like to, I don't have the time to do the check myself, so I need to rely on them )

2. Pricing. It seems I should be paying about $100 per + 1 hour labor..

Anything else ?

You guys are awesome. Thank you .

Roger

Checking the codes is easy, changing the sensors is a pain. I have done both the fron and the rear on my 91 but not at the same time. I was quoted $200 each installed by the dealer. So I saved about $200 doing them myself. I don't think you need to be in a rush to get the O2 sensors changed your car will run fine for the time being.

It is common for the dealer to recommend replacing both sensors even though only one is bad. I am not sure why they do that other then they figure if one is going then the other one is at the end of its life also.

The $100 part price I quoted was with the 30% NSXCA discount Nello gives.

Last edited:
Back