• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

help on NSX in NY area

Hi All,

I'm looking into purchasing a 96 NSX in the NY area (zip code 10573). Two questions:

1. Is there a reputable Acura dealership around the area that I could take the car in for the standard "pre-purchase" check-up and inspection?
2. Any NSX fanatics in the area that I could trouble for taking a look at the car?

Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you can provide any assistance. Thanks in advance!!

ajchang said:
Hi All,

I'm looking into purchasing a 96 NSX in the NY area (zip code 10573). Two questions:

1. Is there a reputable Acura dealership around the area that I could take the car in for the standard "pre-purchase" check-up and inspection?
2. Any NSX fanatics in the area that I could trouble for taking a look at the car?

Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you can provide any assistance. Thanks in advance!!

Answers:

1. If this is the same vechicle I was looking at (Black) and being sold on e-bay at a NY dealer north of the city, then these are the 2 closest dealers to that location: Rallye Acura off Northern Blvd., or Greenwich Acura in CT. Both dealers have good reputations and deal regularly with NSX's.

2. I'll be in the NY area in about 3 weeks (not sure how fast you need to get this done) to see this car myself. I don't know much about NSX's other then they gorgeous and I want one, but my friend does who is going with me NSX hunting. He is owner of a performance shop here in NY and has an NSX himself. If the car is not already sold by then, i'll be happy to check the car out while i'm up there with him. PM me if you need some more info.

-Victor

10573, I live there!!

Hey, I live in Rye Brook (10573 is Port Chester post office, serves my home as well), and have an 02 that I bought at Greenwich Acura. Call the service department (203-625-9209) and ask for Kevin. Tell him that Roger told you to call for a PPI, and that you want not just the mechanical, but also complete cosmetic as well. I'd be happy to take a look at the car for you, but this week will be pretty difficult for me. You can PM me the details on the car. There's also a good chance that the owner has it serviced at Greenwich, so that might be a good place to start. As a word of caution, if the owner does have it serviced there, the opinion might not be as objective if you ask him to pay for the analysis. Kevin is a good man, I've known him since I had my 1988 Legend Coupe. Best of luck in your hunt. my friend and fellow enthusiast Bronx NSX Pilot might also be able to help you, he's got a great eye, I've seen him in action on another inspection on behalf of another long distance purchaser. We killed the deal, don't let price be the only factor!! JMHO

Re: 10573, I live there!!

RPM217 said:
Hey, I live in Rye Brook (10573 is Port Chester post office, serves my home as well), and have an 02 that I bought at Greenwich Acura. Call the service department (203-625-9209) and ask for Kevin. Tell him that Roger told you to call for a PPI, and that you want not just the mechanical, but also complete cosmetic as well. I'd be happy to take a look at the car for you, but this week will be pretty difficult for me. You can PM me the details on the car. There's also a good chance that the owner has it serviced at Greenwich, so that might be a good place to start. As a word of caution, if the owner does have it serviced there, the opinion might not be as objective if you ask him to pay for the analysis. Kevin is a good man, I've known him since I had my 1988 Legend Coupe. Best of luck in your hunt. my friend and fellow enthusiast Bronx NSX Pilot might also be able to help you, he's got a great eye, I've seen him in action on another inspection on behalf of another long distance purchaser. We killed the deal, don't let price be the only factor!! JMHO

i was not able to go up and look at the car today because of a family emergency but will try and get there next weekend....but if others have checked this car out already and have not purchased it that maybe a sign.

Hi Bailey,

This is Andrew Chang--I "met" Roger earlier this week (spoke over the phone) as he had offered to take a look at the car. I apologize for not having the opportunity to give you a call to introduce myself. Roger has been busy with some of his own things and hasn't been able to look at it yet.

Peter Mills actually went up to Hunting Ridge this morning to look at the car and reported several concerns, among them of which includes some water leaks into the cabin and trunk. Since I live in Houston, TX (gotta love our floods) and this will be my daily driver, that turned me off of the car...

Apparently, Climberao checked out this same car a couple months ago and passed on the opportunity--it looks like I will be doing the same. Regardless, this experience has definitely shown me you guys have a pretty enthusiastic, passionate and knowledgable NSX community up there... Pretty sweet...

Back