• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help on testing 3rd chanel amp.

DwM

Registered Member
Just got my two door speaker amps back from being rebuilt. Sterio still squealing. Must be the 3rd channel amp. Before I do anything else, I'd like to disconnect the 3rd channel to see if the squealing goes away. Can anyone suggest the most efficient way to do this? Do I need to remove the passenger seat? The center or rear consoles?

Thanks!

Easy. From the '92 manual: "1. Pull the right front floor carpet back. 2. Remove the foot well bass speaker cover." (3 screws) "3. Disconnect the 2-P and 6-P connectors,"(The 6-P connector will kill the rear speaker 2-P connector, anyway.) "then remove the 2 bolts from the EPS power unit." (Only if you want to remove the subwoofer assembly.)

If you definitely hear the squealing from the door speakers, I will be surprised if it is caused by the subwoofer amp, but strange things do happen. Do all sources work, and is the squeal apparent on all sources? How about the level or character of the squeal when you adjust controls on the receiver, such as being louder when you adjust the volume up? Good luck.

Regards,

Bill

[This message has been edited by Acuraphile (edited 14 May 2002).]

I just went through this. Disconnect the two connectors on top of the bass speaker located under the carpet on the passenger side of the car. If the bass speaker amp is bad the squealing will stop.

Bingo! Pulled the plug on the sub-woofer, and the squeal goes completely away. I'll send that amp in for rebuilding. Sounded like the door amps were going to need help soon anyway, according to the tech. Thanks for everyone's help!!!!

Dave

Back