• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help! Power Window Control Units

Well, I was a fairly nice day here in the Northeast so I started to mess around with installing my window fix-it thingies. My windows were all the way up so I grabbed my door panel to lower them. I turned the key to the on position. No window movement. Then I thought maybe the engine had to be running so I stopped there. I figured I would wait until spring.

A little history. In the fall I had removed my door panels so I could have my speaker boxes repaired over winter. At the same time I had removed an aftermarket keyless entry (no alarm) that the previous owner had installed. I bought the OEM version and installed it. I checked to verify that the keyless worked and the alarm would arm.

Back to today. I started looking back at the door dis-assembly instructions. I noticed the part about removing the power window control unit. Well, there is not a power window control unit there. I never removed them either. Also, my power windows always worked.

Could the aftermarket keyless install remove the units and control the windows through new system. Seems odd that a keyless system would have anything to do with controlling the windows. Even so, why not just disconnect and leave in the doors.

I hope I'm just going crazy. Am I missing anything?

John

Problem solved, sort of. I finally tried my drivers door thinking that may be the master switch. Sure enough it controlled the drivers window. I didn't try the passengers side yet, but I think it will work as long as the drivers side is plugged in.

I still don't see anything in my door that looks like the power window control unit showed in the manual.

Back