• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help purchasing engine mounts

Need help with engine mounts. My mechanic says I need to replace my engine mounts. He is able to purchase OEM rear and left side mounts, but states the passenger side mount and right front mounts are not available. I do not want to purchase the SOS mounts due to increased vibration.
Does anyone know where I can purchase the mounts I need?
I appreciate any help.
Eric

For passenger side you can easily go with SOS without compromising compliance much. That's very reasonable. Everything else stay OEM given you're at OEM power level. I bought new front last year from Tim I think. How many miles on the car? Driven hard, tracked etc?

Are you referring to p/n's 50820-SL0-000 and 50840-SL0-000? Did you try www.acurapartsforless.com? Looks like they have them per their web site. Otherwise try www.amayama.com. Looks like they have them. I've used them several times and found their prices less than the US dealers even when you include the shipping from Japan.

Don't be stymied when the dealer says they are out of stock or NLA. 99% of the parts I've needed for my 94 I have found through amayama.com even though the dealer can't seem to get them.

I'm not sure why they said the passenger side engine mount is not available, mine is on its way.... Its coming from Japan, but oh well.
Replaced all of mine from Acura, for me it was cheaper than SOS by far.

RYU - my rubber was cracking for the passenger mount, I figure after 23 yrs, lets change it.

Please remember the tightening sequence discussed recently.

Thanks all for the info. I knew someone would be able to help out.
Please inform me about the tightening sequence. Have no idea what you are referring to.

The car is a '91 with 264,000 miles on her. I guess it could be time for new mounts.

Eric

I'm not sure why they said the passenger side engine mount is not available, mine is on its way.... Its coming from Japan, but oh well.
Replaced all of mine from Acura, for me it was cheaper than SOS by far.

RYU - my rubber was cracking for the passenger mount, I figure after 23 yrs, lets change it.

Please remember the tightening sequence discussed recently.

Thanks all for the info. I knew someone would be able to help out.
Please inform me about the tightening sequence. Have no idea what you are referring to.

The car is a '91 with 264,000 miles on her. I guess it could be time for new mounts.

Eric

This document should give you what you need. You can also go to the Wiki and download the service manual. Very helpful.

Back