• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help! TCS and Maintenance light indicators ON.

Just got my Taitec GT lightweight exhaust installed. Looks and Sounds great but my traction control and maintenance light came on, after I had it installed by a specialized exhuast shop.

The mechanic didn't understand why it came on. All he did was installed the exhaust and noticed the two lights came on.

Did anybody have this problem when they installed their exhaust ?

Can anybody explain what might have happened?

thanks in advance.

check engine

did the tcs light stay on after you shut of the car and restarted? did he check your codes? if not pull your error codes, the method is in the faq and very easy to do.
did he get up anywhere near your o2 sensors while working on it?check them for contaminants even though it is doubtful it caused the tcs to stay lit inspect the sensors due to the exhaust work anyway, you stated it sounds great but how is she running?good luck and post your findings when you find the cause
best regards david

Which TCS light? Is it possible that he accidentally pressed the TCS disable button on the dashboard while working on the car? The button is right next to the ignition key, so that's quite possible to do...

nsxtasy said:
Which TCS light? Is it possible that he accidentally pressed the TCS disable button on the dashboard while working on the car? The button is right next to the ignition key, so that's quite possible to do...
true...true ken, sometimes its the most easy solution we overlook but if he shut the car off then it would default back to that light being off if that was the cause.
david

After the exhaust installation, both th engine check indicator and TCS lights came on. I tried switching the TCS button and start the car again but it just stays on. I'm wondering if he could accidentally touched something back there that would trigger these lights.

Did they do any welding on the car as part of the exaust install?? if they did they may have fried the tcs computer as for the check engine light, check the codes, my guess is that they trashed the rear o2 sensor either damaged the wire or hammered on the manifold and the vibration wrecked it.

Please back up to BadCarma's advise.

The codes mam, get the codes. Everything else is speculation.

HTH,
LarryB

O2 sensor, I bet

My car did this when one of the O2 sensors went bad. What year is your car? If it is 95 or 96 then it could be TSB time. If not, the sensor my have been damaged during the install. Either way, the codes will tell you. Try a local auto parts store, most have code readers and will do it for free.

Back