• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help, vinyl peeling

I just noticed that the vinyl cover attached under the dash on the drivers side has seperated. Looks to me like it needs to be glued and i was wondering if anyone had a reccomendation for a good adhesive for this? Superglue and things like elmers obviously will not be good for this
smile.gif
Thoughts?

Kevin;

Kevin,

I would recommend a good spray adhesive. I have a can of Permatex stuff I got from NAPA and it works well, as long as it is not too cold when you apply it.

HTH,
LarryB

Hmm, had not thought about that. Might work, only problem is that the gap is pretty small. Thanks for the info, I will give it a try.

Kevin;

had the same thing happen to me as well and asked the question on the nsx list. i got a bunch of replies ranging from "use product XXX" to "No!! *I* used XXX and it sucked, use YYY!!" I said screw it, went to NAPA, bought whatever vinyl adhesive they had, applied, pressed the vinyl down for about 2 minutes in each spot i applied it in, problem solved.

Back