• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help!!! Window Regulator Puzzle

I have a 91 NSX. I'm a new owner and have read a lot of different posts and FAQ section of Prime.

Here's the situation:

My passengerside window rolls up and down intermittently using my
passengerside switch. It sometimes seems as if the its a loose wire or what not. The driverside window switch acts the same way when I try to roll up or down the window for the passengerside window. I lubed the tracks accordingly and that doesn't seem to have cured the issue. When there is action it rolls down fast and somewhat fast rolling up. My problem is that its not consistent and sometimes it doesnt work when trying the switch.
My driverside window switch works fine with the driverside window.
If it was my regulator it wouldn't go up or down at all?Right?
Maybe its the passengerside switch? My driverside switch seems to work with the driverside window only? If my driverside switch was faulty it wouldnt roll up or down any window? Right?

I don't know what to do..Any help or insite would be a great help. :frown:

Page 1246 in the manual on the FAX section shows the wire diagram for the windows, you will see that the pass and driver's side electrical systems have little in common, so the fact that the driver's window works does not mean you don't have a problem in the drivers side switch assy, remove the door panel and disconnect the connector at the motor when the issue is taking place..if you have power there, you most likely have a failing motor, if you do not, then you need to start testing the system at different points to see where the open in the system is.

Here's a tip and this is true for most cars, where the wiring goes thru the door jams the wires get bent back and forth and tugged as well, every time the door is opened and shut..I find many broken wires in the rubber boots holding the wires between the door and the body of the car.

If you open up the door panels to figure out this problem, make sure you have the upgraded regulators or the window fix-it thingies installed (as shown in the FAQ section on Troubleshooting - Power Windows). If you still have the old style regulators, you can order the fix-it thingies here.

I realize this doesn't answer your question, but it's a good tip nonetheless. ;)

nsxtasy said:
If you open up the door panels to figure out this problem, make sure you have the upgraded regulators or the window fix-it thingies installed (as shown in the FAQ section on Troubleshooting - Power Windows). If you still have the old style regulators, you can order the fix-it thingies here.

I realize this doesn't answer your question, but it's a good tip nonetheless. ;)

I have the new style regulators and put the thingies in anyway. The plastic pieces on mine seemed to be just fine.

Ch@d said:
When there is action it rolls down fast and somewhat fast rolling up. :frown:
Someone has windows that roll even somewhat fast? :wink:

Back